SPECS :

MSI X570 GAMING PLUS MOBO

(Stock Bios?)

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X

XFX 5700XT THICC ULTRA 3

CORSAIR CX650M PSU

Windows 10 64bit

32gb g.skill Ram ddr4

So, I was trying to find my fan setting in MSI dragon center (I did it before when I setup the PC and I did it when I was half awake so I was looking everywhere aimlessly..) I found a section called cpu frequency and I accidentally changed a value when reading the info buttons near a bunch of numbers. I didn't see what I changed so I went to click default and I clicked apply by accident (I kind of had a brain fart..) 
After that:

Immediately my PC shut off.

I did some googling and decided to treat this as a bad Overclock issue (I figured xpu frequency is a oc thing) and went to clear the CMOS. I turned it off, spamming the power button and reset button. Unplugged, hit the power some more and gave it 5 minutes. Unplugged the cmos battery and gave it about 10 minutes before replugging it.

When it booted I clicked use Default Values as I loaded into a menu saying my cmos had been reset. I couldn't boot into windows and inside my bios settings I saw it wanted boot from my HDD not my SSD so I went and rearranged my boot order. It did boot into windows, however after about 30 seconds my PC shut off again and now it is not loading again.

Do I need to clear the cmos again, and click setup rather than use default values?(Did that option just redo the accidental changes) or am I big screwed.

Make sure SATA mode in the BIOS is set to AHCI or whatever the value was when you installed Windows. If it was AHCI when Windows was installed, then changed to something like RAID, it will fail to boot Windows.

15 minutes ago, Pvt900 said:

-snip-

Check your CSM boot options. When you clear the CMOS it will clear those settings as well. And I've seen boards that strangely use Legacy mode as the default rather than UEFI. 

Oh and yes, AHCI mode instead of IDE is important as mentioned above. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580