CHEAP GPU FOR MULTI-MONITOR

Hi, the question is easy.

I need a cheap GPU (150€ max) that allows me to use 4 monitor.

No 1080P, the 4 monitor are 1366x768.

I only do presentation and local video streaming, no 3D or heavy programs.

I have a Lenovo H50-50, i5-4460, 12GB DDR3 RAM, Corsair CX450M

Thanks LTT forum!

2 minutes ago, FreqEvans said:

Hi, the question is easy.

I need a cheap GPU (150€ max) that allows me to use 4 monitor.

No 1080P, the 4 monitor are 1366x768.

I only do presentation and local video streaming, no 3D or heavy programs.

I have a Lenovo H50-50, i5-4460, 12GB DDR3 RAM, Corsair CX450M

Thanks LTT forum!

New or used? Used you can easily find 50€ options that will more than do the trick new you are looking at double the price. A new gtx 1050 will do used about anything that was midrange.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

New or used? Used you can easily find 50€ options that will more than do the trick new you are looking at double the price. A new gtx 1050 will do used about anything that was midrange.

New or used, I don't care. I already have a GTX 1050 Ti in that system but it only support 3 displays

6 minutes ago, FreqEvans said:

New or used, I don't care. I already have a GTX 1050 Ti in that system but it only support 3 displays

A gtx 660 would be the cheapest option altho it is no longer getting driver updates. That is a 30-40€ card at max.

A 760 still gets drivers but is about 10€ more expensive.

Do make sure you get one with 4 outputs and that you have the neccesary connectors on your screen and or adapters.

@narrdarr just made a good suggestion if your computer allows it enable the igpu in the bios togheter with the gpu and get 4 displays that way.

7 minutes ago, jaslion said:

and or adapters.

do take note 20 series GPU (in extension, 16 series) do have issues when using adapters, so it's not recommended really

personally had issue using HDMI->VGA active adapter on 20 series card (it works fine on 900, 10 series, and even rx400 GPU, using it now)

and 2-3 other people on this forum that ranged from intermittently working to not even working entirely.

(funny enough, going into CSGO smoke caused 2 individual cases of adapters to stop working, not sure why CSGO smoke though)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Was going to recommend a couple cards but looked at current pricing wtf is going on with the market. 1030 for 100$. 770 for 130$. I gave away 2x 770 a year again for free.

3 hours ago, narrdarr said:

It's an Intel build run 3 on the gpu and 1 off the igpu.

I already tried it, but I think I haven't installed the iGPU driver.. I have to try it.

3 hours ago, jaslion said:

A gtx 660 would be the cheapest option altho it is no longer getting driver updates. That is a 30-40€ card at max.

A 760 still gets drivers but is about 10€ more expensive.

Do make sure you get one with 4 outputs and that you have the neccesary connectors on your screen and or adapters.

@narrdarr just made a good suggestion if your computer allows it enable the igpu in the bios togheter with the gpu and get 4 displays that way.

If I put a GT 710 (PCI Express x1) and the 1050 Ti (PCI Express X16) it will work without any problem?