Intercom connect to open lock

Jebivetr

Hello,

So i connected all units with no problem because system is POE. Can anyone tell me how to connect lock? Can i even connect it with only POE? I figure i need to use NC, NO, COM i tried couple of options and none worked.

policetech_vdo2001_wpe_h_line_zunanja_enota_im3.png

No description of what is even being talked about. No makes/models anywhere. 

There is so very little information that the possibility that this is a troll post is non-zero.  I will choose to believe that it might not be so I will reply.  One never knows.  Trolls live on the assumption that no one could ever not know something which of course is never true.  If it is not please forgive the sarcasm.

I think this might have something to do with smart homes only because the word “lock” is used. No description of that either though. 

POE? I don’t think that stands for Piece Of Excrement but I can’t be sure.  It seems like more of a game “can you identify this piece of electronics by looking only at the back?”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

definitely not a troll post. POE stands as power over internet. I Have connected all devices with no problem only thing i am missing is when somebody ring the intercom i can unlock doors/lock via indoor unit.

Doors/lock in question is outside fence door

Also not a smart home thing is just ordinary intercom. I am from EU so standards may be different but its standard thing here so i thought i provided all needed information by the back side photo where connection are. I have two wires on lock. Everything works i just don't know how to wire from lock to intercom so it can be unlocked from inside of house

The unit is POLICEtech VDO2001-WPE H-Line OUTDOOR UNIT and link on manufacture page https://policetech.eu/izdelek_POLICEtech-VDO2001-WPE-H-Line-OUTDOOR-UNIT

Hope i gave all information now. If not i will be happy to provide it.

It's a relay output. When inactive COM is connected to NC (normally closed) and disconnected from NO (normally open). When active the connections reverse. All it does is switch so you'll still need some power source to operate the lock.

It's rare but some PoE devices will have aux power out. Usually it is quite limited though.

What would be ideal is a PoE+ intercom that then has either constant 12/24VDC output you can wire through it's relay or a switched lock output, either way being able to supply up to 1A and handle an inductive load would be great.

It just makes sense, often I see intercoms and similar devices where they're like, it's fine do all these joins that are points of failure, add seperate power supplies and extra cabling.

Maybe you idiots could just build it into the unit ?