Accidentally installed Radeon Drivers?

Go to solution Solved by Windows7ge,

Unlikely. You can check the Control Panel for your Installed Applications. See if anything related to AMD GPU is still installed.

Outside of that you could also DDU and just reinstall the NVIDIA driver but unless you experience problems I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi, I recently finished my first PC build and was installing the latest drivers.

Ryzen 5 3600

GTX 1660 Super

16GB 3200 MHz RAM

When I got to the Chipset driver, the mobo company had it incorrectly linked so instead of installing the chipset drivers I was installing Radeon GPU drivers. It didn't click with me at the time that these were the GPU drivers and not the chipset ones, since the mobo company themselves had linked it. Obviously, since I'm running an nvidia GPU, the installation kept failing and I kept trying. It constantly said it had partially installed the Radeon software everytime it tried, always running into an error (obviously it would).

2025839704_1603ERROR.thumb.PNG.c1ba87dc863c6e53bf859edd7760c88c.PNG

After I finally realised what I had been doing, I uninstalled the Radeon software (I think):

1184313474_CUSTOMINSTALLSCREEN.thumb.PNG.59cda74661aadb7cb1c0d64100c9a39d.PNG

289473914_RADEONUNINSTALLED.thumb.PNG.2e27f8672a387460ef086dc1a60c5884.PNG

And then I installed the correct chipset driver from the AMD website.

604507630_CHIPSETINSTALLSUCCESS.PNG.ec2bd984320ef1ffd0b6ff0150855ded.PNG

What I want to know is could this have done any harm to my PC, even though I'm running nvidia GPU drivers. Sorry if I seem paranoid but I would rather solve the problem now than later.

Any help appreciated!

Unlikely. You can check the Control Panel for your Installed Applications. See if anything related to AMD GPU is still installed.

Outside of that you could also DDU and just reinstall the NVIDIA driver but unless you experience problems I wouldn't worry about it.

15 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Thanks mate. Not experiencing any obvious problems. I get some FPS drops from 60 to 30 in Sea of Thieves, but I guess this is normal during intense scenes.

Nothing in Control Panel. Do you recommend doing the DDU rn or should I be fine?

Thanks for the help!

I wouldn't DDU unless you see problems. Inevitably you'll probably run into something that could be completely unrelated but at that time you can try DDUing just to be absolutely sure it isn't that old mistake screwing up whatever it is you're doing at the time.

16 hours ago, Windows7ge said:

I wouldn't DDU unless you see problems. Inevitably you'll probably run into something that could be completely unrelated but at that time you can try DDUing just to be absolutely sure it isn't that old mistake screwing up whatever it is you're doing at the time.

Thanks a lot mate :)