Upgraded from 6mbs to a gig plan but i'm only hitting half of that.

levitatinn

Every other computer in my house can hit a gig but mines cant. i've used different ethernet cords, connecting straight to the router, even going as far as buying a dedicated lan card to see if it was my built in lan port. same issue, not sure what can be causing it. please help?

ASUS B450-F

Ryzen 7 1700x

16gbs of corsair vengeance ram

M.2 SAMSUNG 512gbs

RX 5700 XT

750 W psu

You might only have basic LAN drivers installed. Get the latest LAN drivers from the Mobo support download page.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

You might only have basic LAN drivers installed. Get the latest LAN drivers from the Mobo support download page.

I've been update the drivers, even the drivers of the adapter i bought. It's suppose to be blinking yellow for 1000 but it's only blinking green for 100+

9 minutes ago, levitatinn said:

I've been update the drivers, even the drivers of the adapter i bought. It's suppose to be blinking yellow for 1000 but it's only blinking green for 100+

Check the router settings, maybe somehow your computer is locked to lower speeds there. Idk maybe some auto-setting stuff. I can assign how much bandwidth each device on my 1Gbit network can have in my router settings.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

Check the router settings, maybe somehow your computer is locked to lower speeds there. Idk maybe some auto-setting stuff. I can assing how much bandwidth each device on my 1Gbit network can have.

Ive already tried forcing it to a gig in the settings and still hasn't changed anything.

2 minutes ago, levitatinn said:

Ive already tried forcing it to a gig in the settings and still hasn't changed anything.

When are you measuring the bandwidth? Browser speedtest? Steam-Download?)

2 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

When are you measuring the bandwidth? Browser speedtest? Steam-Download?)

speedtest.net, google speed test only hits like 30mbs weirdly enough. i've tried using other browsers aswell, and steam only peaks at like 35

1 minute ago, levitatinn said:

speedtest.net, google speed test only hits like 30mbs weirdly enough.

Wow thats extremely slow. Are you using any VPN?

no vpn, booted in safemode aswell and no luck. on speedtest.net i get around 500, while other computers easily hit 900