Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bwadelee

New PC Build

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi guys, i just finished building my new PC, photos to come soon when i get my phone working,

Kinda a rush build but of course plans to upgrade in future if i ever need to, Im not a full time gamer

but dont mind playing a few here and there i built this pretty much because i was sick of having a slow

laggy computer for anything i do haha...

 

Ryzen 7 3700x

gigabyte x570 gaming x

32gb of ripjaws ddr4 3600 4x8gb

2 x 500gb nvme's (Not currently in Raid, having boot issues with windows after installing)

2x1gb sata ssd's

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6GB OC

750watt Corsair Full Modular RM750x

Thermaltake RGB Water Cooling system

Standard Black Thermaltake Mid Case

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bwadelee said:

Ryzen 7 3700x

gigabyte x570 gaming x

32gb of ripjaws ddr4 3600 4x8gb

2 x 500gb nvme's (Not currently in Raid, having boot issues with windows after installing)

2x1gb sata ssd's

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6GB OC

750watt Corsair Full Modular RM750x

Thermaltake RGB Water Cooling system

Standard Black Thermaltake Mid Case

Why 32gb of ram? Do you do video editing? Otherwise looks like a sound build.


I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

 

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

  • NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

Im not really sure why im running 32GB of ram to be honest, someone mentioned that to me before that i may have been better off with just the 16gb? rarely i video edit just run a virtual machine to play with in my spare time, otherwise just play games. I can always pull it if its gonna hold me back in anyway. This kinda sounds stupid but its my first half decent build in a while and ive lost my touch just a bit 😑

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like a good build, odd storage setup but other than that it'll be fun.

2 hours ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Why 32gb of ram? Do you do video editing? Otherwise looks like a sound build.

Depending on how he uses his computer, 16GB might not quite be enough.

I don't do any video editing, but I can still cap out 16GB of RAM.


Current PC:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bwadelee said:

Im not really sure why im running 32GB of ram to be honest, someone mentioned that to me before that i may have been better off with just the 16gb? rarely i video edit just run a virtual machine to play with in my spare time, otherwise just play games. I can always pull it if its gonna hold me back in anyway. This kinda sounds stupid but its my first half decent build in a while and ive lost my touch just a bit 😑

It will make sure you can run the vm and the pc at the same time. I would've spent the extra 80$ on a 5700xt. (same performance eas 2070s, lower price)


I am still TechWizardThatNeedsHelp, just less of a mouthfull.

 

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

My new PC I'm saving for:

  • NZXT H1 Matte Black
    • Comes with a 650W NZXT PSU
    • NZXT AIO
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI B450i GAMING PLUS AC
  • XPG ADATA 2800Mhz
  • RX480 untill I have more for a 2060 or 2070
  • 2tb Sabrent Rocket Q PCIE gen 3 NVME SSD
  • Samsung 470 128GB SATA SSD
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×