My pc suddenly doesn't open

a10x

Yo. I restarted my pc and it asks to repair the c drive. It did and then crashed and then launched again to say press any key to reboot and now it says it can't read a hard drive what the hell is happening

Your question isn't very descriptive. You need to let us know AT LEAST:

• CPU
  • Memory
  • Motherboard
  • In this case, because it's a drive issue, what drive you're using and how long you've been using it for.

Forum members know a lot collectively, but we're not magical. Help us help you by giving us usable info.

If this is an old hard drive, it's possible that your drive has just kicked the can. Hopefully you had a backup (and RAID is not a backup!), but if you didn't and your drive is actually dead, then data recovery costs a pretty penny ($2,000 - $4,000 for a drive in good condition).

"Not breaking it or making it worse is key."

"Bad choices make good stories."

4 hours ago, a10x said:

Yo. I restarted my pc and it asks to repair the c drive. It did and then crashed and then launched again to say press any key to reboot and now it says it can't read a hard drive what the hell is happening

Along with @kimsejin5 said, what was the last thing you did before you restarted?

Installed a program? Windows update? Anything like that?

4 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

Along with @kimsejin5 said, what was the last thing you did before you restarted?

Installed a program? Windows update? Anything like that?

Was watching YouTube and had to restart because the pc glitched in some way

7 hours ago, kimsejin5 said:

Your question isn't very descriptive. You need to let us know AT LEAST:

• CPU
  • Memory
  • Motherboard
  • In this case, because it's a drive issue, what drive you're using and how long you've been using it for.

Forum members know a lot collectively, but we're not magical. Help us help you by giving us usable info.

If this is an old hard drive, it's possible that your drive has just kicked the can. Hopefully you had a backup (and RAID is not a backup!), but if you didn't and your drive is actually dead, then data recovery costs a pretty penny ($2,000 - $4,000 for a drive in good condition).

I just bought the whole pc 4 days ago 

16 hours ago, a10x said:

I just bought the whole pc 4 days ago 

Can you get into BIOS? Usually you can do that by pressing like DEL, or F2 or F10. See if your BIOS detects your drive first off all, just to make sure it's connected properly. If it does, reset the BIOS to defaults (I understand you probably didn't make changes, this is just to make sure) and shutdown the system. If it's a regular tower, unplug the AC cable from the system and leave it off for 10 minutes. Then plug it back in and start it up.

If it's still giving you an error, there's usually an option for Windows to try and repair the drive or go into advanced options. Any chance you can snap a pic of what you're seeing so we can get a better idea of what you're looking at?