Xbox 1 offline games

Sacredsock

So, a friend of mine typically works offshore or on the road. One of the things he takes with him for entertainment is his xbox one, he isn't the most techically minded so he was asking me for some games he could play, and now I'm asking here.

The problem is that he has to play offline, and the majority of modern games require internet connections.

So, any suggestions for xbox one games that can be played offline?

First, I don't own a Xbox 1, so most of the suggestions will be generalised, as But I'll be going with Xbox One games, or available Via Back compatible catalogue.

Many single player games should work fine without a internet connection, more recent games may need a "initial" load online before you can really play. Older Xbox 360 and Classic Xbox titles will only require the initial download from the Xbox Store. (There is no online play for Classic Xbox Titles.)

I believe that the Forza games doesn't require the Internet connection but will for some modes.

I am more of a RPG Player, so Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is on my list, as with 360's Blue Dragon. (I own the 360, with both these games.) I think Kingdom hearts could be still played offline, but I can't say for certain.

I'm not sure if Halo:Master Chief collection still has Offline local play, but the 360's Halo 3 does.

most games are playable offline. but you're probably gonna be playing with the 1.0 version or an unpatched version one way or another :|

i have played gears of war 4 offline with no problems. so if you're going for single player games. it should be fine

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

• 3 weeks later...

whenever I didn't have access to real reliable internet I use to just play Goat Simulator for hours on end. Still quite a good game for just blowing off some steam and goofin.

SPEC LIST:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x w/ AMD Wraith Stock Cooler

MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B-450F

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32gb 3200mhz (2x16gb)

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080 Super FE

PSU: Corsair 750x 80plus Gold 

FANS: Dual Corsair LL Series LL140mm Dual Light Loop RGB

MONITORS: BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch FHD LED 144Hz (DP)
Lenovo - G25-10 24.5" LED FHD 144HZ Monitor (HDMI)

PATIENCE: NOT CURRENTLY INSTALLED

P.S: STILL REALLY WANTING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN CARRY ME TO GRAND CHAMPION IN ROCKET LEAGUE :)

P.P.S: I NO LONGER NEED TO BE CARRIED TO GRAND CHAMPION AS I HAVE MADE IT ON MY OWN 😁