What are the best benchmarking software for GPU/CPU?

I just want a trustworthy benchmark software that will prove my CPU/GPU are performing as expected. Ive heard not to trust userbenchmark

I use 3dmark for my gpu and cinebench r20 for my cpu. Cinebench is on the windows store and free and there is a free version of 3dmark if you look for it.

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

This may help.

On 8/23/2018 at 6:37 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

More of a benchmark than stress test, this lets you test your CPU’s multicore speed by using your CPU to render an image. I see Cinebench commonly used to get an idea of thermal performance, as well as multithreaded performance in general. Usually if a system isn’t performing as normal, it can be recommended that a user runs Cinebench to get an idea of how their CPU is performing compared to how it should be performing, since Cinebench scores are easy to find online.

Unigine Benchmarks -- https://unigine.com/en/products/benchmarks

There are a few Unigine programs used for benchmarking, I personally recommend Unigine Heaven and Superposition. These are used usually to test GPU performance and overclocks. I’ve used Unigine programs combined with Cinebench to identify bottlenecks in systems in the past, as well as my personal GPU overclock.

Aida64 and Prime95 -- https://www.aida64.com/ https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html

These are in the same boat, as they are programs designed for extended stress testing of your CPU. The workloads they put a CPU under are usually not close to real world stress levels. These are usually used to measure temperatures at full load over time since they run longer than Cinebench, as well as to test overclock stability over time.

Prime95 may experience problems when using it on Haswell and newer Intel CPUs with automatic voltage settings. It should also be noted that with these stress tests that you either need proper cooling or to set voltages to manual to prevent any overheating issues while testing.

Aida64 is also useful for its ability to show temperatures per core while running, as well as thermal throttling.

Furmark -- https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

Furmark is a extended stress test for your GPU. The workloads your GPU is under are definitely higher than pretty much anything you’ll likely use it for. Furmark is commonly used to test overclock stability over time.

BE WARNED: Furmark has been known to kill Nvidia Kepler(GTX 6xx-7xx)series and lower GPUs. Maxwell(GTX 9xx) and higher GPUs are not known to be killed by Furmark, and I’ve personally never heard of it happening.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 minute ago, zeusthemoose said:

I use 3dmark for my gpu and cinebench r20 for my cpu. Cinebench is on the windows store and free and there is a free version of 3dmark if you look for it.

ok thank you. Is 3dmark proof that a system isnt underperforming?

2 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

This may help.

thank you. does cinebench download straight from the website or do i need steam or somethings?

1 minute ago, StunnaFan34 said:

Is 3dmark proof that a system isnt underperforming?

If your scores are similar to the scores of others with the same/similar specs, your system is not underperforming.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

1 minute ago, StunnaFan34 said:

thank you. does cinebench download straight from the website or do i need steam or somethings?

Its on the microsoft store. Here is the link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/productId/9PGZKJC81Q7J

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Just now, zeusthemoose said:

If your scores are similar to the scores of others with the same/similar specs, your system is not underperforming.

ok thank you. im getting cinebench but it only has 3 stars

If you want a bit of history and something that isn't demanding, try X-Isle: Dinosaur Island. It was shipped with nVidia 300 series GPUs and was the Program that Ubisoft approached Crytek to make into a game which turned out to be the first Fay Cry!

1 minute ago, gloop said:

If you want a bit of history and something that isn't demanding, try X-Isle: Dinosaur Island. It was shipped with nVidia 300 series GPUs and was the Program that Ubisoft approached Crytek to make into a game which turned out to be the first Fay Cry!

ah ok thank you