Corsair Carbide 200R

Kanna

I'm wondering if my case has good airflow I'm going to get this, Yes I know it's old but I like the design and it fits my needs

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

The front intake looks really bad. But you have 2 side vents. It could actually be really good if you fit 2x 120mm fans to the side and use a downdraft cooler on the cpu.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

The front intake looks really bad. But you have 2 side vents. It could actually be really good if you fit 2x 120mm fans to the side and use a downdraft cooler on the cpu.

Okay but there actually is 2 intakes in the front

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

11 minutes ago, Kanna said:

Okay but there actually is 2 intakes in the front

Yes but the fans can only get the air from the side slits at the front. You'll have to run at higher rpms to have a significant amout of air moving in from the front. Sadly a lot of cases take this approach. Something like the Phanteks P400A or beQuiet Pure Base 500DX can show how the ideal case for airflow looks.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann98 said:

Yes but the fans can only get the air from the side slits at the front. You'll have to run at higher rpms to have a significant amout of air moving in from the front. Sadly a lot of cases take this approach. Something like the Phanteks P400A or beQuiet Pure Base 500DX can show how the ideal case for airflow looks.

So I should be fine with this case?

Reminder⚠️

Just now, Kanna said:

So I should be fine with this case?

Every case is fine. The question is how much noise you're fine with. With a more closed case like the carbide 200r you'll need louder fans to get air in. If you're case is more open in the front you can run your fans quieter to move the same amount of air. I just mentioned some examples for the ideal case.

I' d spec out the Carbide 200r like this:

Front: 2x 120mm intake

Side: 2x 120mm intake

Back: 1x 120mm exhaust

Top back: 1x 120mm exhaust

How many fans do you have to work with?

1 minute ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Every case is fine. The question is how much noise you're fine with. With a more closed case like the carbide 200r you'll need louder fans to get air in. If you're case is more open in the front you can run your fans quieter to move the same amount of air. I just mentioned some examples for the ideal case.

I' d spec out the Carbide 200r like this:

Front: 2x 120mm intake

Side: 2x 120mm intake

Back: 1x 120mm exhaust

Top back: 1x 120mm exhaust

How many fans do you have to work with?

I have 3x120mm 2 of them is the ones that come with the case, will be getting an aio in the future 120mm

Reminder⚠️

1 minute ago, Kanna said:

I have 3x120mm 2 of them is the ones that come with the case, will be getting an aio in the future 120mm

Then i'd place them like this:

1 fan as front intake in the middle

1 fan as side intake in the lower slot

1 fan as back exhaust

Also i'd strongly reccomend to get a decent air cooler, as 120mm AiO are not very good for cooling performance. Something like a Dark Rock 4, Dark Rock Pro 4 or D15 will be better. I just don't know if you have enough clearance.

10 minutes ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Then i'd place them like this:

1 fan as front intake in the middle

1 fan as side intake in the lower slot

1 fan as back exhaust

Also i'd strongly reccomend to get a decent air cooler, as 120mm AiO are not very good for cooling performance. Something like a Dark Rock 4, Dark Rock Pro 4 or D15 will be better. I just don't know if you have enough clearance.

Well I can't have a big cooler since I will be moving the pc alot

Reminder⚠️

2 hours ago, Kanna said:

Well I can't have a big cooler since I will be moving the pc alot

Ok that makes sense.