Post your Craigslist experiences here

Quantum

Oh wow, I've never heard of Google Voice until now.  I'll start to use it from now on with my Craigslist posts.  

Wow... I wouldn't be the happiest camper after waiting that long to find out the buyer probably trolled you.  Do you have any other potential buyers for it now?  

Went to Gamestop last night and they offered me like $23 for 5 of my games which is complete BS. The rest they couldn't take because he said "these look they have just been cracked, we can't take those" since I had just opened them out in the parking lot and it's a policy where they can't accept newly opened games apparently because "it's bad for their business." Manager at the location treated me like a thief and I didn't appreciate that. Not giving that location or gamestop in general my business anymore.

Do some people realize that not everyone gets around to opening their games? They were brand new sealed. I went across the street to a store called Buybacks and they gave me $129.25 for everything which I thought was fair. It was roughly how much I was asking for on craigslist. I unfortunately still have the Killzone artbook, Helghast head, and action figure. I'm tempted to just throw it away at this point. 

Now onto selling my 360 and possibly my PS3 (kept a few games for it). 

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Any reason you're selling it?  Do you think people on craigslist would be interested in buying a shield?  You can try the classifieds section on here.

What happened  :P

I dont have a graphics card that can gamestream and my router isnt that good. I got it as a replacement for a tablet (tf300).

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

I've done a few deals on craigslist but I choose to go to Amazon because 90% of the time it isn't the condition that they were advertising.

TONS of lowballers also.

I've sold a guitar/amp, xbox 360, & mustang spoiler.

The guitar/amp went well the whole family drove to the other side of the island to buy it (I live in Hawaii). Usually if it's through text/call you can tell whether or not they are a kid by the length of their replies/way they type/talk.

Xbox 360 was bought by a dad wanting to get it for his son. I didn't have any games and he came over my house to test it out to see if it actually works (he called me right on the dot at times I told him to and was very prompt/respectful); since I didn't have any games I dropped the price for a bit but I didn't mind.

The spoiler was bought from a college exchange student who met up at the mall with his friends. If they offer handshake and give their name right when you meet them rather than talk about the item immediately, they tend to be firm on the price you gave them.

Hands are perfect cupholders.

My dad is a avid craigslist shopper, sold phones/electronics and a car. no problems. weird to think a 3GS i fixed last year is now across the world, I forget but some Asian country as a gift. 

we converted a wave runner trailer to carry bikes and kayaks, all the parts of that were from craigslist. besides the 15 dollars in paint and the special boat carpet stuff. but it appears brand new and professional, but literially 600$ compared to similar things you can buy for 2 grand. me and my dad are very proud of that

3 of the cars and the boat we have are craigslist stuff, currently looking for a car. i check craigslist everyday:D besides the clear fake offers, no issues.

I have always been very skeptical using Craigslist pretty much because I have to give out my personal information. This one time, I almost purchased a stolen phone. The seller did not think I was going to turn on the phone. It needed a password that he didnt have and I almost didnt bother to turn it on. Other times, I have been spammed numerously. Has anyone of you guys heard about craigphone? Its built to help protect personal information by giving out temporary numbers, stop spamming and provide an easier payment method. With an app like that, I dont have to look over my shoulders when making Craigslists transactions. www.craigphone.com

Here's a couple of times that happened to me.

Once I was selling my GS3 and got the same message @Quantum got. Ignored it. But later on I sold it to another guy for 220$. The guy wanted to meet me at the Verizon store just to make sure it was not a stolen or bricked phone. Very smart idea.

Another time I have meet someone for a "personal" ad. Meet a decent looking women and had her meet me at my place. It was a fun experience. Wish she would still talk to me more often though >_>

Very fun kinky sex though. TMI???

But one thing I hate about Craigslist is that when you get to the personal section and try emailing back to people, all you get is someone replying back saying "Email at this address" or "Go to this website to meet me".

Went to Gamestop last night and they offered me like $23 for 5 of my games which is complete BS. The rest they couldn't take because he said "these look they have just been cracked, we can't take those" since I had just opened them out in the parking lot and it's a policy where they can't accept newly opened games apparently because "it's bad for their business." Manager at the location treated me like a thief and I didn't appreciate that. Not giving that location or gamestop in general my business anymore.

Do some people realize that not everyone gets around to opening their games? They were brand new sealed. I went across the street to a store called Buybacks and they gave me $129.25 for everything which I thought was fair. It was roughly how much I was asking for on craigslist. I unfortunately still have the Killzone artbook, Helghast head, and action figure. I'm tempted to just throw it away at this point. 

Now onto selling my 360 and possibly my PS3 (kept a few games for it). 

Yea, selling games to gamestop is kinda pointless imo.  I'd much rather keep my games if they offered that much.  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

I have always been very skeptical using Craigslist pretty much because I have to give out my personal information. This one time, I almost purchased a stolen phone. The seller did not think I was going to turn on the phone. It needed a password that he didnt have and I almost didnt bother to turn it on. Other times, I have been spammed numerously. Has anyone of you guys heard about craigphone? Its built to help protect personal information by giving out temporary numbers, stop spamming and provide an easier payment method. With an app like that, I dont have to look over my shoulders when making Craigslists transactions. www.craigphone.com

So what happened after you found out it was stolen? 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558