best 500gb ssd under $70?

OOF97
3 minutes ago, OOF97 said:

thnaks :)

What's your used market like? Location/vendors?

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Just now, svmlegacy said:

What's your used market like? Location/vendors?

tbh i dont even know

9 minutes ago, OOF97 said:

tbh i dont even know

you don't know your own location?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

you don't know your own location?

i live in florida but i dont know how the used market is

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

18 minutes ago, OOF97 said:

i live in florida but i dont know how the used market is

In the US the used market is generally referred to as “craigslist” or “eBay”.

I personally consider them a bad idea for storage in General. Storage and PSUs are the part of a computer that wears.  it’s pretty easy to buy something that is almost dead if you’re not careful.  Need to look the horse in the mouth with those. (A reference that makes zero sense anymore.  The easiest way to tell the age of a horse is the wear level of their teeth) 

The good news is if you’re gaming sata6 is perceptually effectively as fast as the fastest pcie4.0 Nvme cars.  There still lots slower but can you really tell 1/8th of a second from 1/32nd of a second?  Generally the cheapest off brand stuff you can find that has cache.  Some very new SSDs with no cache can use system memory as cache which is almost as good.  Read/write speeds don’t matter much anymore because there all “lots” 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.