Ocelot4894
5 minutes ago, Clawkikker said:

So i have a list of them from the asus compare site but i don't know which one is good for vpn but also has decent speed and security. These are just the ones i am thinking about. I am open to suggestions still.
https://www.asus.com/us/Product-Compare/?products=2stih2y7a4vufmyb,qwey5ev1e2svejlg,FuSr2UwZNsqc7PRa&b=0 I am using vpn for like when i am in hotels etc. also i think it is open vpn

Have upper price you are happy to spend ? ignore this lol. I personally am a massive fan on the asus line and that is what i run

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

I personally love my orbi RBK23 setup. Absolutely fantastic multi-AP mesh system. Has great wifi and has LAN ports as well. If you need it - it does support VLAN's but I would recommend the RBK50 for VLAN's instead. Uses the standard OpenVPN connections. However if you are just looking for a stable connection back to your house, Zero Tier One is a great free option that lets you create a personal network between all your devices. 

Mainline: MacBook Air M1 Display(s): Acer K272HUL; VIOTEK - GNV32DB Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech M720/K780 Sound: AirPods 3 Operating System: MacOS Phone: iPhone 13 Pro (Graphite)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2020 at 3:26 AM, marceltr said:

Will a VPN give me 100 percent anonymous?

No. First of all the VPN provider can snoop your data. Some say they don't keep logs but you cant be 100% sure on that. Like mentioned above the US and some of its allies share intel. So if you use a provider in those countries there is potentially for laws to be in place that the VPN provider had to keep detailed logs. Secondly, You have to pay for most VPN's. So at the very least your name, address and payment details might be in their system. 

With all that being said. A VPN mainly is to protect you from the prying eyes of your ISP. Some ISP's like Comcast for instance has been known to throttle select traffic. Such as steaming, or services like Bit torrent. A VPN creates an encrypted tunnel that the ISP cant look in to. But your data is on encrypted between you and the VPN provider, at some point it pops out the ass hole of the internet somewhere in the world. 

Most people use VPN services to get around geolocking of content, such as what Netflix does. OR get around ISP throttling. Ive also VPN's can be useful if your trying to port forward but are on carrier grade NAT. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.