Need Advice on New Monitor

Hallshigh

Hey guys,

I'm having trouble in deciding on my next steps in a gaming monitor. I am currently gaming on a samsung 4k 60Hz monitor with a 1070, 7700k with 32G of ram and I generally play titles such as Modern Warfare and Siege. I am finally at a point to where I am looking at a major upgrade. I plan to purchase a new build consisting of a 2080 TI along with a 10900k I9 with 64G, 3200 ram on an Asus Maximus Formula XII Motherboard. With this big upgrade in performance I am currently looking at a new monitor as 60Hz is no longer satisfying. I am looking towards the new samsung odyssey G7 1440p 240Hz monitor.

My question is will I significantly notice the downgrade from 2160 to 1440 or will the G7 along with 240Hz refresh rate be a worthy upgrade?

P.S. i was never able to run modern warfare at true 4k. Only 2160 resolution with resolution scaling down to 1440. I was able to play siege at 2160 Ultra but had to have V-Sync on as the screen tearing was much too noticeable when frame rates peaked over 60.

I would think the increased refresh rate would outweigh the loss in resolution. Certainly if you prefer fast paced games, but it really depends on how sensitive you are to refresh rate, and how close you sit to your monitor. 

I would also recommend waiting for Ampere as even a 2080Ti will struggle to push a 1440p monitor at 240hz in most games.

PC

Ryzen 5 2600 Stock

Sapphire Nitro+ Special Edition Radeon RX580 8GB (Would Recommend)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H (Don't recommend)

Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000MHz CL15 

Phanteks P300 (Would Recommend)

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD

Corsair CX550M 550W  80+ Bronze

Deepcool FH-10 Fan Hub

3x BeQuiet Pure Wings 2

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/marmour/saved/QTY3ZL

Peripherals

LG 24MK400H

Logitech G413 Carbon

Logitech G305 (AAA Adaptor - 10g reduction) (Would recommend)

Logitech Z150

HyperX Cloud II (Would recommend)

Moto G5 Plus (Webcam)

Phone

Pixel 3A XL (Would recommend)

*Useful Link* PSU Tier List: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psucultists-psu-tier-list/

on 27 inches you will be fine, but for bigger screens you will see a downgrade.
Also 2k on 240 htz is a difficult task for GPU as marmour said, always depends on the game and optimization