Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cameronvachon

Help or tips for pricing a used gaming PC

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HD4zDx My PC itself is good condition, all parts work optimum with no errors or faults. But I am wanting to upgrade this year, and I want to sell my old PC and put the money towards a new build. I took the price of which I paid for my PC and took 70% off due to it being three years, my estimated price ($800-1000)  . I am just looking for any tips for pricing it, or someone else's opinion on it. 

 

PC I'm looking to build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gp47L2

I might switch the 2080 Super for a 3080 depending on the release date and price. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cameronvachon said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HD4zDx My PC itself is good condition, all parts work optimum with no errors or faults. But I am wanting to upgrade this year, and I want to sell my old PC and put the money towards a new build. I took the price of which I paid for my PC and took 70% off due to it being three years, my estimated price ($800-1000)  . I am just looking for any tips for pricing it, or someone else's opinion on it. 

 

PC I'm looking to build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gp47L2

I might switch the 2080 Super for a 3080 depending on the release date and price. 

I would really recommend to wait for the next two months to use the next gen of both CPUs and GPUs, which should be out shortly. You will really see an increase in price to performance which will render this build quite obsolete in terms of what you paid for it. For your old PC, I would recommend to sell one of the RX 480s on craigslist by itself or something, and just sell the rest as is, because Crossfire / SLI is dead and many people wouldn't be looking for something like that.


@BlueScope819 so I can see your post

#MuricaParrotGang

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

Mentioned in 8/5/2020 TechLinked

Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at eBay and other local selling platforms and see what similar PCs are selling for. Also consider what @BlueScope819 said and maybe sell one gpu by itself. 
 

I would wait until new ryzen CPUs and ampere and big Navi GPUs are out to get a new pc though. That said, any reason why you went intel over ryzen?


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/30 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cameronvachon said:

 

PC I'm looking to build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gp47L2

I might switch the 2080 Super for a 3080 depending on the release date and price. 

You put the last pieces of tech in there, you will have no problem anyway. Also I think you have massive overkilled it with all those fans, and I have never payed that high for win10... Always was an 5€ for me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

Look at eBay and other local selling platforms and see what similar PCs are selling for. Also consider what @BlueScope819 said and maybe sell one gpu by itself. 
 

I would wait until new ryzen CPUs and ampere and big Navi GPUs are out to get a new pc though. That said, any reason why you went intel over ryzen?

I like Intel and Amd, either one works for me. I would get the Ryzen 7 3800xt instead of the i7-10700k. I've debated on both of them, but there is a slight edge in performance while gaming using Intel, Amd does do a better job at multitasking though. I went with Intel because I intend on using the PC for mostly gaming, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cameronvachon said:

I went with Intel because I intend on using the PC for mostly gaming, 

It gives a slight bump in gaming performance but loses completely in price to performance. If you can wait a few months, do and don’t bother making a list now.


I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

 

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/30 Techlinked

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, cameronvachon said:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HD4zDx My PC itself is good condition, all parts work optimum with no errors or faults. But I am wanting to upgrade this year, and I want to sell my old PC and put the money towards a new build. I took the price of which I paid for my PC and took 70% off due to it being three years, my estimated price ($800-1000)  . I am just looking for any tips for pricing it, or someone else's opinion on it. 

 

PC I'm looking to build https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gp47L2

I might switch the 2080 Super for a 3080 depending on the release date and price. 

The problem is you've got some weak points in this build, where you're not going to get any return on investment, namely the dual GPU config. Who knows, maybe the right buyer might give you $800, but that would be a stretch. I could build a better PC new right now for $1000.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×