Brand new pc = big problem

Hello everyone, 

I have been facing an issue with my build.

I used to have a 6700k, 16gb 2666mhz ram (corsair), titan x pascal. After having blue screen after blue screen I decided to start from scratch apart for the gpu.

Long story short I decided to make a itx build so I ordered 2 8gb stick of ram, AMD 3700x, asrock 570x itx, seasonic sx800, and a new nvme (crucial). I put everything together, install windows and I get random freeze that forced me to reset the pc... 

So I decided to install the new bios update, update windows, and update the nvidia drivers (I still used my titan x). Nothing change my pc randomly freeze even when I am just downloading a file like the .exe for steam. 
I thought that it could be my gpu so I ordered a 2080 super and hoped that my nightmare would be done. I was wrong it still freeze... everything is brand new. I can still return everything but would love to pin point the issue... 

thanks in advance for the help

Did you DDU the the Titan drivers before installing the 2080 Super? If you are in Windows run DDU then reinstall Geforce Experience and get the drivers again and see if that fixes it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Did you DDU the the Titan drivers before installing the 2080 Super? If you are in Windows run DDU then reinstall Geforce Experience and get the drivers again and see if that fixes it.

I did. What is weird is that it is randomly freezing with either graphic cards even after updating the drivers for either graphic cards. Also most of the time I don't even have the time to download the drivers before it froze. I managed to do after the 5th time... and installed it after 4 freeze... it is still freezing 

Also Temps seems ok. I have the alphacool aio 140mm and idle temps are mid 40 and Gpu temps are like low 30 at idle.

3 minutes ago, jetstarkiller said:

I did. What is weird is that it is randomly freezing with either graphic cards even after updating the drivers for either graphic cards. 

Also Temps seems ok. I have the alphacool aio 140mm and idle temps are mid 40 and Gpu temps are like low 30 at idle.

The only thing I can really think of trying is reseating the CPU and Ram. Depending on the ram you got it could be incompatible with the board, did you check the QVL before purchasing? If it still has the issue after reseating the CPU and Ram, try your old ram kit and see if it still freezes.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, SpookyCitrus said:

The only thing I can really think of trying is reseating the CPU and Ram. Depending on the ram you got it could be incompatible with the board, did you check the QVL before purchasing? If it still has the issue after reseating the CPU and Ram, try your old ram kit and see if it still freezes.

I have reseated the ram and CPU as the first AS rock I received was refurbished and got a brand new one thinking that I got a bad mobo... 

I definitely did not check the QVL. I did not even know that it was a thing... but should that be an issue if not overclock? I have either the vengeance lpx 2666mhz or Adata XPG 3000mhz. I am going to try install the vengeance kit. 

pull one ram stick out of the machine and run it with 1 stick , try each stick alone in the machine. see if that stops the crashing

If it stabilizes it we can go from there. dont bother running memtest just try the stick alone

Change the CPU LLC to manual mode and use an increased setting and see if that helps. 

If the issue clears up or goes away completely, return the board and pick something else.

6 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Change the CPU LLC to manual mode and use an increased setting and see if that helps. 

If the issue clears up or goes away completely, return the board and pick something else.

Well how likely did I get 2 bad mobo including a brand new one... 

also the choices for itx format for the 3700x is like 3 or 4 mobo and the asrock is the only reasonably priced one.

Ok so here is a quick update. I have removed a stick of ram, reinstalled windows 10, updated windows 10, and installing the Nvidia drivers. 

If it is still stable how do I figured if I have a bad stick of ram or a bad mobo? 

Ok so it seems that temps are kind of weird. While installing the drivers for Nvidia (Finally successfully) the cpu temps went to 68.5c that seems high for just an install. Isn't it? 

It does seems (finger crossed) more stable with 1 stick and new windows install. 

I am installing games to see if that "push" the machine to freeze. 

Is there anything else I should be doing to test the other stick apart from replacing the stick?