old hp monitor saying "Input not support"

SomeonesDad

I'm currently using a hp x20led monitor right now, the specifications based on hp's website was 1600 x 900, since that resolution isn't in the windows 10 display settings i chose 1080p, i'm using vga as the connector but im using an adapter from hdmi to vga (my card outputs using hdmi and the monitor uses VGA). it looks 1080Pish but the issue is there's this box flying through the screen back and forth saying input not support while displaying perfectly, any solutions to this problem?

image.thumb.png.6014e5bda0c16afc56970917e6eac5a0.png when i tried to screenshot the screen, the mentioned box isn't there

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

Idk about AMD but with NVidia you can enter custom resolutions in the driver settings. Maybe this will fix any issues regarding resolution. Maybe AMD has the same feature somewhere in their drivers.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

14 hours ago, Stahlmann98 said:

Idk about AMD but with NVidia you can enter custom resolutions in the driver settings. Maybe this will fix any issues regarding resolution. Maybe AMD has the same feature somewhere in their drivers.

yea there was the option to do so, i created a custom one with 1600 x 900, the box is still floating

-Main PC-

CPU Ryzen 3 3100 | | Motherboard ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 | | GPU PowerColor Red Dragon RX 580 | |RAM 16GB Patriot Viper Steel 3000MHz | | PSU Corsair CX550 80+ Bronze | | SSD Kingston A400 240GB | | HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM  | |Case Phanteks P300

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

3 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

yea there was the option to do so, i created a custom one with 1600 x 900, the box is still floating

Can you use a VGA cable without the HDMI adapter? Does your GPU have a VGA-port? Do you have any other output adapters like DP to VGA or DVI to VGA? Does your monitor have any other connection port you could use?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

23 minutes ago, SomeonesDad said:

input not support

It's beyond what the native resolution of the monitor is built to handle, lower the settings (or the refresh rate, if you've set that) until the box goes away

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

14 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

It's beyond what the native resolution of the monitor is built to handle, lower the settings (or the refresh rate, if you've set that) until the box goes away

i lowered down the resolution to the lowest it can go on the windows display settings (800 x 600) still doesnt work

-Main PC-

-Laptop-

HP Elite 820 G4

Intel I5-7200U

Intel HD 620

8GB DDR4

500GB SSD

4 hours ago, SomeonesDad said:

i lowered down the resolution to the lowest it can go on the windows display settings (800 x 600) still doesnt work

Then it's possibly the adapter you are using, that's throwing off the monitor

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me.