Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AB1AH

Laptop overheating 105° at idle

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I have a HP Pavilion 15-n260se laptop with the A10-5750m cpu and its 120° at idle so i cleaned the laptop, changed the thermal paste (used the arctic mx4), replaced the fan, did some under volting as well and it went down to 105° 

What else can i do please ???

Link to post
Share on other sites

What are your temperatures under load? I'm assuming these 120 degrees are Fahrenheit, since at Celsius the laptop would basically turn off immediatelly. For a laptop, these temps are good for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 hours ago, Igor Vasily said:

What are your temperatures under load? I'm assuming these 120 degrees are Fahrenheit, since at Celsius the laptop would basically turn off immediatelly. For a laptop, these temps are good for me.

Didn't try under load , It's Celsius not Fahrenheit i am using HWinfo

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AB1AH said:

I have a HP Pavilion 15-n260se laptop with the A10-5750m cpu and its 120° at idle so i cleaned the laptop, changed the thermal paste (used the arctic mx4), replaced the fan, did some under volting as well and it went down to 105° 

What else can i do please ???

could it be a bad thermal sensor? Are you getting heat-related shutdowns?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, danomicar said:

could it be a bad thermal sensor? Are you getting heat-related shutdowns?

yup i would say so to.
i doesnt make sense that i would even run at 120.
could also be the monitoring software that is bugging out.

if not the thing must be throttling so hard that even going in to windows would be a nearly impossible task

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
13 hours ago, danomicar said:

could it be a bad thermal sensor? Are you getting heat-related shutdowns?

It doesn't shutdown but when i run light games like minecraft it does shutdown because of the heat

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP

i tried using a diffrent program and they are showing the same readings

Screenshot (3).png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×