Moving my main parts to a new case.

Hi, 

I currently have a define R6 case with a 9700k &  Asus Strix RTX 2080. I want to go a smaller case. Any recommendations?

What motherboard do you have?

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

12 minutes ago, BlueScope819 said:

Well, that being an ATX case you probably have an ATX motherboard. This means that you need to buy a new motherboard in order to change form factors. You already have a pretty good rig, there isn't really any reason to change out your board unless there really is a crippling space issue. Perhaps in a few years time you could consider swapping platforms to AMD, depending on how they are doing with AM5.

They don't need to get another motherboard unless they need an Matx or itx case. There are a few smaller atx cases available. The Fractal Define C is smaller than the R6, consider that OP.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Meshify C is smaller assuming you have a ATX Motherboard.

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

2 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Sure, you can reduce the size by a few cm, but that's not really what OP was asking for if I understood correctly.

The define c is way more than a few cm shorter than the R6, but there are smaller atx cases available. Well they only said smaller case so I assume they are using an atx motherboard since it would be silly to use anything smaller in a large case.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

14 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Well, that being an ATX case you probably have an ATX motherboard. This means that you need to buy a new motherboard in order to change form factors. You already have a pretty good rig, there isn't really any reason to change out your board unless there really is a crippling space issue. Perhaps in a few years time you could consider swapping platforms to AMD, depending on how they are doing with AM5.

My bad. I failed to mention that my motherboard caught on fire last week. I have been planing to go with a small case since I travel a lot with my PC. Since the motherboard is dead, I figured it would be a good time to make the switch!

14 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

15 hours ago, zeusthemoose said:

What motherboard do you have?

I have a Rog strix Z390-F, but it caught on fire last week. 

15 hours ago, InvisibleAlex said:

Hi, 

I currently have a define R6 case with a 9700k &  Asus Strix RTX 2080. I want to go a smaller case. Any recommendations?

Update: I’m leaning towards the Define R7 Compact. I understand it has thermal limitations, but I value the build quality and the look. Any recommendations  on new 240mm AIOs would be great.