Just in time for summer - Sony's portable air conditioner is now up for purchase

williamcll

What is the TDP of a grown up man? Mine probably 150 watts since i sweat a lot..

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Don’t know why they didn't do something like this for a motorbike jacket they get very warm. Be really interested in an ltt video for this

CPU | AMD Ryzen 7 7700X | GPU | ASUS TUF RTX3080 | PSU | Corsair RM850i | RAM 2x16GB X5 6000Mhz CL32 MOTHERBOARD | Asus TUF Gaming X670E-PLUS WIFI | 
STORAGE 
| 2x Samsung Evo 970 256GB NVME  | COOLING 
| Hard Line Custom Loop O11XL Dynamic + EK Distro + EK Velocity  | MONITOR | Samsung G9 Neo

4 hours ago, Maticks said:

Don’t know why they didn't do something like this for a motorbike jacket they get very warm. Be really interested in an ltt video for this

Because a TEC (Peltier) is really energy inefficient when it comes to the amount of power consumed in moving heat. The average person produces anywhere from 100 to 120 watts of heat at rest. So, say with the surface area of just the torso, 60+ watt of heat needs to be removed. The TEC will burn through battery life in a hurry, unless you can connect it to an accessory power outlet. Though depending on the motorcycle you might be able to have enough amperage on a 12v outlet to suffice.

The low tech method is just using water to provide evaporative cooling. The problem is that it doesn't really work well or at all in humid southern climates.

The best approach would be to drive an internal pump that moves fluid around a coiled loop. It can pass through an aluminum heat-sink (metal plate) on the sides so the wind could dissipate the heat. Would use a lot less power to the point of being battery operated.

On 7/2/2020 at 4:11 PM, TetraSky said:

Sony be like : Suggested retail price at 13,000 yen !
Amazon be like : Make it double at 23,600 yen instead.

According to the price history (Keepa), the initial cost was 14,300 yen for the first 18 hours of the day on July 1st. But then they suddenly decided to price gauge everyone, increasing the price to 38,800 yen at 19h00, until it fell back down to what we currently see.

I might be interested in this, if and when it ever comes to Canada.

It's not uncommon, if stock was really low, that pricing shot up really high. Happens with virtually every product on Amazon, unless it's something that the seller is trying to clear out, in which case they go super low.

Haha, why would this come to Canada? For the 2 months a year when it'd actually be useful?

On 7/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, comander said:

It's a 500Yen shirt with some extra sewing for 1800Yen. 

It's being targeted at people with enough money for a portable cooling unit who have heat issues. 

If anyone sweats enough, you could go through 5-10 of these shirts a year. It's a built in subscription service. 

164.01CAD as per Google if you're getting it at MSRP. I'm aware the Amazon price is a bit higher. 

The point is kind of that you don't sweat...so...

On 7/2/2020 at 9:22 PM, RorzNZ said:

23 degrees is still boiling wtf 

23 degrees is not boiling....it's fairly cool.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

20 minutes ago, dizmo said:

23 degrees is not boiling....it's fairly cool.

Probably a better comparison is it’s delta rather than a subjective figure (23 has me sweating while 13-16 is ideal)

On 7/2/2020 at 10:00 AM, The King of the Undead said:

I feel like the main use case for this is people that work outside. Little different then sony's normal.

It's probably the flip of the "hot hands" type of chemical heaters people stuff in their pockets in the winter so they don't get too cold. So here it's probably the equivalent of a small ice pack.

It does not really have much practical use however. Anywhere you could use this would likely already be dangerous to work in. It might give people working in a field or stupidly mowing their lawn in the middle of a sunny day a way to work it, but for all intents, if you need this to do work outside, then the work should be giving you hazard pay.