Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ishit Singh

I regret getting Rainbow Six Siege through Uplay not Steam

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently checked my Amazon credits and saw I had enough money to buy R6, so I basically got R6 for free. I wasn't aware that the digital key Ubisoft sells is Uplay only, before that I thought Uplay is just a DRM which requires Steam for games to run and NOT A STANDALONE GAME DISTRIBUTION SERVICE. Silly me, now I can't even remove R6 from Uplay library and if I buy R6 via Steam Uplay is just going to make a duplicate version of the same game.

 

Ubisoft customer support aren't helping either. I asked for them to transfer R6 to my burner account and I still got no reply. I wonder if transferring R6 will actually remove it from Uplay library.

 

I like Steam "what's new feature" which Uplay doesn't have. Also does anyone have any experience regarding Uplay or the situation i'm in currently, and how many R6 players actually use Uplay version of this game?

Link to post
Share on other sites

is makes no difference which version you buy. if you bought the steam "version", it just makes you download uplay anyway. no matter what, you are always going to have to use uplay. 

 

you either buy it on steam or directly on uplay, but you are always playing the game on uplay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Saksham said:

is makes no difference which version you buy. if you bought the steam "version", it just makes you download uplay anyway. no matter what, you are always going to have to use uplay. 

 

you either buy it on steam or directly on uplay, but you are always playing the game on uplay. 

Ahh so Steam version just act as a shortcut but what about Steam friend list? I googled a lot and can't find a way to sync Steam list to Uplay. Also is there's way to get dev update of Uplay version of R6 to appear in "What's new" category in Steam?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

Ubisoft customer support aren't helping either. I asked for them to transfer R6 to my burner account and I still got no reply. I wonder if transferring R6 will actually remove it from Uplay library.

In this kind of situation they tend to ignore the customer,the customer support is under-paid and not many people work there anyway.

And there is also the use of bots to cover for the lack people and they don't have to pay the bots so profit.

39 minutes ago, Ishit Singh said:

I googled a lot and can't find a way to sync Steam list to Uplay.

Those are different platforms and the friends list is separate and disconnected between the two.

But you can use GOG Galaxy 2 to enjoy both worlds,It's one launcher for all of your games from Uplay,Steam,Origin,and Epic.

You can also see the friends list from your Playstation and Xbox.

 


A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 5 2600@4GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2040MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R15: 1382cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3439
Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the what's new feature?


CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 56 Vega RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 2x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4K 60hz 34-60 freesync 10bit IPS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
7 hours ago, LOST TALE said:

What's the what's new feature?

that's where steam show games update and events info

Annotation 2020-06-30 145858.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand why you would want to "sync" your steam and uplay friends. They're completely different platforms and in order to play together with a friend you need to add them on uplay anyways. If one of your steam friends play R6S and you want to play with him, ask for his uplay name and add him.

 

15 hours ago, Ishit Singh said:

Also is there's way to get dev update of Uplay version of R6 to appear in "What's new" category in Steam?

As far as I know, no. Steam only shows news from games that you own, and since you don't own it on steam, it most likely won't show any news either. If you want to check the changelog I'd suggest going to https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rainbow-six/siege/news-updates and filtering by patch notes and dev blog.


My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

 

RAM : 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 @ 2666MHz

 

Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Keyboard : Logitech G610 w/ Cherry MX Brown

 

Headset : Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless

 

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 hour ago, Underi said:

I don't understand why you would want to "sync" your steam and uplay friends. They're completely different platforms and in order to play together with a friend you need to add them on uplay anyways. If one of your steam friends play R6S and you want to play with him, ask for his uplay name and add him.

 

As far as I know, no. Steam only shows news from games that you own, and since you don't own it on steam, it most likely won't show any news either. If you want to check the changelog I'd suggest going to https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/rainbow-six/siege/news-updates and filtering by patch notes and dev blog.

I thought Uplay has sync friendlist feature because of "Link your account with Steam" screenshot. Guess i'm stuck with using Uplay...I can't even upgrade from Standard edition to Deluxe edition if I buy it from Steam.

 

https://support.ubisoft.com/en-gb/Faqs/000027110/Upgrading-game-editions

 

Even if I buy it from Steam it'll just make another copy of same game in Uplay library which will trigger me even more

 

The only feature i'll miss the most is "what's new".

000050724_engb_LinkSteam.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×