MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX CPU Red Light

Hey guys, I am currently experiencing a problem with a build that will not POST.  I assembled the build originally using a ryzen 7 2700, it booted up fine the first time, allowing me to install windows however the second time, there were problems. In between the two boots, I had taken out the CPU (as it was borrowed from somewhere else) and reinstalled it. The CPU looks and works fine, however that build will no longer POST, even with the intended cpu (Ryzen 5 3600.)

It seems as though the build is running fine; all the fans spin without stopping, but there is a red indicator light on the CPU (which as I see is very common on these boards,) and a blank screen.

So far I have: Cleared the cmos, Updated the bios to latest, tested each ram stick and slot, redone the entire build outside the case, tested the GPU in a different build, reseated the CPU, switching cables for display output. All with no luck.

This isn't my first time building a pc, but I am not sure what exactly is going on here. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Ram: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card

PSU: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

SSD: Silicon Power Ace A55 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

HDD: Seagate - Barracuda 1TB Internal SATA Hard Drive

Thanks in advance!

27 minutes ago, Bagleg said:

Hey guys, I am currently experiencing a problem with a build that will not POST.  I assembled the build originally using a ryzen 7 2700, it booted up fine the first time, allowing me to install windows however the second time, there were problems. In between the two boots, I had taken out the CPU (as it was borrowed from somewhere else) and reinstalled it. The CPU looks and works fine, however that build will no longer POST, even with the intended cpu (Ryzen 5 3600.)

It seems as though the build is running fine; all the fans spin without stopping, but there is a red indicator light on the CPU (which as I see is very common on these boards,) and a blank screen.

So far I have: Cleared the cmos, Updated the bios to latest, tested each ram stick and slot, redone the entire build outside the case, tested the GPU in a different build, reseated the CPU, switching cables for display output. All with no luck.

This isn't my first time building a pc, but I am not sure what exactly is going on here. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:

Mobo: MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Ram: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6 GB WINDFORCE OC 6G Video Card

PSU: EVGA BR 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

SSD: Silicon Power Ace A55 256 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

HDD: Seagate - Barracuda 1TB Internal SATA Hard Drive

Thanks in advance!

If the system is working normally... why worry about it? My X470 MAX has red LED's over the populated DIMM slots.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

10 hours ago, svmlegacy said:

If the system is working normally... why worry about it? My X470 MAX has red LED's over the populated DIMM slots.

Thats the thing, it seems like its working normally. I dont get ANY video though; just a black screen