Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yamatoplane

AMD third gen compatibility with b450

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm building a PC on a budget, and the best motherboard I've found is the ASRock b450M pro 4, and as far as I know, it should work with AMD third gen, but I fear I may not get the latest BIOS that supports third gen, so I would have to update it, but I don't have an AMD cpu around, ¿what should I do?

3 minutes ago, Yamatoplane said:

I'm building a PC on a budget, and the best motherboard I've found is the ASRock b450M pro 4, and as far as I know, it should work with AMD third gen, but I fear I may not get the latest BIOS that supports third gen, so I would have to update it, but I don't have an AMD cpu around, ¿what should I do?

Contact the seller to be sure the board supports the chip before you purchase. Quick and effective ;)

Lid-less PGA 2700x / ROG B450-I Gaming / Corsair 3000mhz SK Hynix / RTX 2060 / EVGA 750w

Lid-less 8700K / Maximus X Hero / G.Skill 4266mhz B-Die / RTX 2060 / Antec 1000w CP series

Ryzen Athlon 220ge with Vega Graphics / Asus Prime B450M-A / Corsair LED 3000mhz / 550w Antec Office PC.

DFI LanParty UT / Opteron 148 / DDR Corsair XMS Expert / X1800 XT 256MB Bios modded

Asus CrossHair Formula IV / Phenom II x4 B97 / Dominator GT 2000mhz. / EVGA GTX 770

ASRock B450M Pro4 AMD AM4 Motherboard Review

it says 2000 ready not 3000 ready so it probably needs a bios update to work with ryzen 3000. and i googled it and apparently it doesnt support cpuless bios flashing either

so either get another motherboard that has the bios out of the box like msi max motherboards or a motherboard that supports cpuless bios flashing

edit: i looked up asrock motherboards that are compatible with 3000 out of the box and apparent if you get a Asrock B450 Pro4-F it would be compatible