Have I won the sillicon lottery?

Hi guys, 

First post on this forum, I have read some stuff here an there over the last couple years though. 

So basically, I was reading the r/overclocking subreddit about ryzen 5 3600 overclocking, an I saw someone post that they got 4.3ghz on 1.25V (that is off the top of my head could vary slightly, but pretty sure it was 1.25). 

Previously Initially I used the stock cooler, whilst I was waiting for the correct mounting plate for my cryorig h7 - I think I must have mounted slightly improperly because the thermals were not amazing. 

So yeah, I could ramble all night about how I arrived at these numbers, 43.1 x 99.8 ~4.31ghz all core, at 1.125v temps maxed at ~72c, avg 69 during real bench I also managed 3886 in cinenbench R20. Currently it fairly stable [I have only run about 30 minutes of real bench so far, so additional stabillity testing is required, but it is already 1:40am so that will occur tomorrow]. 

Oh yeah, for those wondering, this chip was purchased less than a month ago, which may explain the improvements. Apparently the newly produced CPU's are better than the ones sold at launch, due to greater sillicon yields I think - don't quote me on this, I just remember reading something about this. 

The cooling setup is, 2 intake noctua 120mm pwm fans, one exterior nzxt case fan top, 2 of these super cheap 120mm fans 1 for rear exhaust 1 configured to pull from the H7 cryorig,(have 3 newer way higher quality fans arriving today or tomorrow), an the H7 cryroig stock cooler. 

Other system info: 

gtx1070 (side note, does anyone care to spectulate on australian pricing for 3000 series gpu's?) 

32gb g.skill ripjaws v 3200mhz cl16 (additional question, if anyone has this kit or similar has anyone been able to overclock to a higher frequency? I haven't been able to get higher than the XMP2.0, that being said though I haven't properly messed around with timings)

Asrock b450m Steel Legend 

samsung 250gb ssd

2tb + 4tb Seagate drives 

Any feedback/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks again. 

Aswell as sorry if I have included too much unneccessary information and/or the incorrect information. 

4.3ghz oc 1.12V.PNG

pc 1.jpg

3 minutes ago, The_PurpleShroom said:

Apparently the newly produced CPU's are better than the ones sold at launch, due to greater sillicon yields I think - don't quote me on this, I just remember reading something about this. 

yes new patches do have better silicon quality 

4 minutes ago, The_PurpleShroom said:

~4.31ghz all core, at 1.125v temps maxed

i mean if its stable its stable 

it seems like you got a better than usual silicon 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

Hello and welcome.

I've seen some users with newer silicon report up to 4.6GHz all-core and stable.  What's the highest you've tried for?

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Do you reckon my chip is comparable to a 3600x? 

I think I still have a bit of Leeway, in the sense, that there is probably some voltage and hardware tweaks I could make that may decrease thermals a decent amount. Do you have any words of wisdom on the matter? haha

btw, this is great 

I seek to max the letter count on every ... Single ... Site 

only the bravest are capable of such mission

1 minute ago, The_PurpleShroom said:

Do you reckon my chip is comparable to a 3600x? 

usually a 3600x is binned and may just may get better results but out of the box yes you crushed the 3600x 

2 minutes ago, The_PurpleShroom said:

I think I still have a bit of Leeway, in the sense, that there is probably some voltage and hardware tweaks I could make that may decrease thermals a decent amount. Do you have any words of wisdom on the matter? haha

you can probably start working on your ram 

maybe up the soc voltage 

the FCLK on the 3600 is really good so getting really good speeds with an overclock is possible 

if you want to try to get to 4.6 although that would be stretching it ALOT 

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

4 minutes ago, nick name said:

Hello and welcome.

Thanks!

4.6GHz all-core and stable

This is mad, do you know what voltage? 

What's the highest you've tried for?

4.4ghz, but was at like 1.3V or something, was just an initial test I guess, from the reading I have done since, it seem's like it's not a good idea to run at that voltage static. Due to the nature of the central heating in my household, my room is significantly warmer than other rooms in the house - especially at night. During the day tomorrow, I will forge onwards!

thanks for the message 

This is mad, do you know what voltage? 

yea it is mad the more i think about it i realize that the FCLK probably wont handle it 

Build Log: 

7 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

you crushed the 3600x 

I like

you can probably start working on your ram 

maybe up the soc voltage 

If possible could you link me an article or video, explaining in greater detail how to do this. 

I saw in the ryzen 3000 vid, Anthony using Dram calculator, not sure if you are familiar with it, but if you are. I downloaded it, but I found myself having issues with it, In the sense that I did not know what information to input into the calculator other than like the first 4-5 boxes. 

Edited by The_PurpleShroom
I messed up link

Just now, The_PurpleShroom said:

If possible could you link me an article or video, explaining in greater detail how to do this. 

well if you want try getting your memory to 3600 ( if its a 3200 kit ) or 4000 ( if its a 3600 or a 3800 )

and if that wasnt stable try maybe putting your soc voltage to 1.09 and that could be could 

as i said its nor necessary and i doubt it will work 

if you dont want to its fine as it will be alot of work to make it stable 

btw soc = memory controller basically 

Build Log: 

i said its nor necessary and i doubt it will work 

Do you think that the performance benefit justifies the time investment? 

Do you think that the performance benefit justifies the time investment? 

no not really 

in the real world it will be a 2-3 or 5 % but nothing more 

Build Log: 

Do you have any tips/advice on how to minimise the time investment? 

spacer.png

no actually for real i dont think you will be able to 

FCLK isnt great and the imc is decent at best

Build Log: 

20 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

the FCLK on the 3600 is really good so getting really good speeds with an overclock is possible 

Sorry, now I am confused. 

Sorry, now I am confused. 

to put it simply 

its not worth it ;)

Build Log: 

Update: 5am now lol, that being said, I kind of have something to show for it? 

4.4ghz 1.175v is stable. 

I was messing around with higher clock speeds, but since I do not want to exceed 1.2v, it is not really looking possible at the moment with my current knowledge at least. 

4.4ghz_oc_1_175v.thumb.PNG.42b8ef36c030144705ffc199721ee920.PNG 

25 minutes ago, The_PurpleShroom said:

Update: 5am now lol, that being said, I kind of have something to show for it? 

4.4ghz 1.175v is stable. 

I was messing around with higher clock speeds, but since I do not want to exceed 1.2v, it is not really looking possible at the moment with my current knowledge at least. 

Stable? From a singular cinebench run you got stable?

Needs more in depth testing yet. 100 second run is hardly enough to call this stable.

Try 2 hours of prime95 and another couple hours with OCCT AVX2 instructions.

GL!

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Needs more in depth testing yet. 100 second run is hardly enough to call this stable.

Try 2 hours of prime95 and another couple hours with OCCT AVX2 instructions.

GL!

I agree but I'm pretty sure OP has been stressing his cpu for the last couple of hours ;)

Build Log: 

Haha dont worry, at the time of posting I had run cinebench once, which yes is not adequate on it's own. Then validated with realbench for about an hour. 

depbating whether or not it is worthwhile running prime 95 for the next 4ish hours or another stress test. 

So far so good btw, thanks. 

Do you have any reccomendations for which setting's to use on p95, or are there any other stress tests that you would reccomend? 

Cheers! 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

I agree but I'm pretty sure OP has been stressing his cpu for the last couple of hours ;)

His last reply was 30 minutes ago with a CB screen shot.

I highly doubt this is being tested hard.

Just saying what I can see.

My 2700x passed many IBT runs at 4300mhz before I considered it stable on top of OCCT linpack memory testing with it.

Then about 7 days straight F@H.

Now THAT is stability testing ;)

His last reply was 30 minutes ago with a CB screen shot.

I highly doubt this is being tested hard.

Just saying what I can see.

My 2700x passed many IBT runs at 4300mhz before I considered it stable on top of OCCT linpack memory testing with it.

Then about 7 days straight F@H.

Now THAT is stability testing ;)

Holy shit your imc is the god of zen + imc 🤣

Build Log: 

Just now, TofuHaroto said:

It probably is ok. The memory I use is the good stuff. 3733mhz stable. 3966mhz benching ability. 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

pls explain this, sounds very interesting