Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
james_bond

Anyone here who prefers headphones for watching movies ?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Honestly speaking the idea of a Dolby Atmos or even 5.1 setup attracts me a lot & I will be buying a Dolby Atmos enabled Soundbar in the near future. Still I just love watching movies using my Sennheiser wireless headphones.

While watching a movie I switch off all the lights in the room & as as soon as I wear the headphones I can watch the movie with great concentration.

Do you think this is a crazy idea ? Who else shares my habit ?

I used to.  The whole “we don’t use jacks anymore go play with Bluetooth” thing has made it not worth the effort though.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I used to.  The whole “we don’t use jacks anymore go play with Bluetooth” thing has made it not worth the effort though.

I hate the jackless trend. I have perfectly good in-ears and over-ears, I don't want to buy new headphones or some kind of adapter to use the thing I could use at any point in the past 40 years. And then you have to deal with charging up your headphones instead of just plugging them in.

#Muricaparrotgang

I have some Logitech PC speakers connected to my TV, because the TV speakers are kinda crap. Most of the time I have my earbuds jacked in to the Logitech speakers. Mainly so the folks dont bitch about it being to loud. 

Really only in a pinch. I'm all about true surround sound. I have a fairly decent surround system so it's pretty much all I use.

I really don't think you can beat a good surround system except for the fact headphones drown out noise which can help pick up finer details.

On 5/31/2020 at 7:39 AM, james_bond said:

Who else shares my habit ?

I do I wear a pair of sennheiser hd 206 in the car while watching movies It makes me feel like I am in the the movie and drowns out car noise

Cameras main canon xti Secondary Panasonic GX85 spare Samsung ST68 and nikion s4000

main HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 14GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - 160GB HDD - MSI GT 710 - dual DVD roms 

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD                                                     

storage server - AMD X2 250 - ASUS m4a785-m - 4GB ram - 500GB HDD - 320GB HDD - 80GB HDD                                  

myanimelist

#Muricaparrotgang #MacsAreGoodComputersToo