Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azzzzdy

Ethernet High ping

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello i play fortnite and a lot of other games and i get hella ping in game but when i do ping in cmd it shows i should be getting 0 ping and the nearest server for fortnite is northen cali and im in southern here is a picture of my thing. 

Things i have tried

1. reset router

2. changed dns

3. checked ping plotter and i am supposed to get 9 ping

4. reset network in settings

nothing has worked i am abt to call my isp but before i want to know if anything is wrong or its just my isp

here is a picture of my cmd image.png.4a63da9a4e65857ebe9571cfe77af62f.png

1 minute ago, Azzzzdy said:

-snip-

Most ping related issues are down to your ISP, unless you have something glitchy going on with your system. Also, 192.168.1.1 is your router so of course you would be getting <1ms response times from it. 

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.4.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 8.4) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Most ping related issues are down to your ISP, unless you have something glitchy going on with your system. Also, 192.168.1.1 is your router so of course you would be getting <1ms response times from it. 

ok what is the ping like coxes ping?

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Try pinging the IP of the server, not your router. The ping to your router will be low since it is on the same network.

how do i do that again sorry i am new to  this

Epic Games uses AWS to host Fortnite BR.
You can use CloudPing to quickly ping all of their public IP address at once. 
If you otherwise just want to test basic latency, best to run a classic DNS ping (ping 1.1.1.1 / ping 8.8.8.8)

9 minutes ago, Mr Water said:

Epic Games uses AWS to host Fortnite BR.
You can use CloudPing to quickly ping all of their public IP address at once. 
If you otherwise just want to test basic latency, best to run a classic DNS ping (ping 1.1.1.1 / ping 8.8.8.8)

ok, the weird thing is i used to get 6 ping with ethernet while playing, abt a week ago i started getting 60-70 ping with massive delay, and when i play on 26 ping average i start to get packet loss and i stutter and it makes the game impossible to play, i have tried many videos, do you know one where i can just make my game at least playable

7 hours ago, Azzzzdy said:

ok, the weird thing is i used to get 6 ping with ethernet while playing, abt a week ago i started getting 60-70 ping with massive delay, and when i play on 26 ping average i start to get packet loss and i stutter and it makes the game impossible to play, i have tried many videos, do you know one where i can just make my game at least playable

Are you playing on WiFi or wired?  If on WiFi, I'd trying temporarily using wired to see if it still has the issue.

Router: i5-7200U appliance running pfSense WiFi: Ubiquiti nanoHD (~700Mbit peak throughput)
ISP: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 (66Mbit) + Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Extra. (56Mbit)