Ethernet High ping

Azzzzdy

Hello i play fortnite and a lot of other games and i get hella ping in game but when i do ping in cmd it shows i should be getting 0 ping and the nearest server for fortnite is northen cali and im in southern here is a picture of my thing. 

Things i have tried

1. reset router

2. changed dns

3. checked ping plotter and i am supposed to get 9 ping

4. reset network in settings

nothing has worked i am abt to call my isp but before i want to know if anything is wrong or its just my isp

here is a picture of my cmd image.png.4a63da9a4e65857ebe9571cfe77af62f.png

1 minute ago, Azzzzdy said:

-snip-

Most ping related issues are down to your ISP, unless you have something glitchy going on with your system. Also, 192.168.1.1 is your router so of course you would be getting <1ms response times from it. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Try pinging the IP of the server, not your router. The ping to your router will be low since it is on the same network.

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Most ping related issues are down to your ISP, unless you have something glitchy going on with your system. Also, 192.168.1.1 is your router so of course you would be getting <1ms response times from it. 

ok what is the ping like coxes ping?

1 hour ago, The_russian said:

Try pinging the IP of the server, not your router. The ping to your router will be low since it is on the same network.

how do i do that again sorry i am new to  this

Epic Games uses AWS to host Fortnite BR.
You can use CloudPing to quickly ping all of their public IP address at once. 
If you otherwise just want to test basic latency, best to run a classic DNS ping (ping 1.1.1.1 / ping 8.8.8.8)

9 minutes ago, Mr Water said:

Epic Games uses AWS to host Fortnite BR.
You can use CloudPing to quickly ping all of their public IP address at once. 
If you otherwise just want to test basic latency, best to run a classic DNS ping (ping 1.1.1.1 / ping 8.8.8.8)

ok, the weird thing is i used to get 6 ping with ethernet while playing, abt a week ago i started getting 60-70 ping with massive delay, and when i play on 26 ping average i start to get packet loss and i stutter and it makes the game impossible to play, i have tried many videos, do you know one where i can just make my game at least playable

7 hours ago, Azzzzdy said:

ok, the weird thing is i used to get 6 ping with ethernet while playing, abt a week ago i started getting 60-70 ping with massive delay, and when i play on 26 ping average i start to get packet loss and i stutter and it makes the game impossible to play, i have tried many videos, do you know one where i can just make my game at least playable

Are you playing on WiFi or wired?  If on WiFi, I'd trying temporarily using wired to see if it still has the issue.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7