Question about external intervalometer

Go to solution Solved by porina,
1 minute ago, Yatys 93 said:

sorry should have mentioned that, I have a canon 1300D and a Pixel TW-283 remote.

Looks like it connects over the jack plug, and that's a simple short to indicate a half or full press. No feedback as far as I'm aware.

so in theory as soon as the camera is back on it will just carry on like nothing happened?

The device will just keep sending out the signal for as long as you set it for, until it runs out of power itself.

very quick one that google isn't helping with, if I am using an external intervalometer for a time lapse, if the camera battery dies, does the remote get an error as the camera doesn't respond to the signal, or just it just keep sending the signal so it will just pick up once the battery is changed?

Depends on the camera, but the basic interfaces are usually dumb and there is no feedback from camera out.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

Depends on the camera, but the basic interfaces are usually dumb and there is no feedback from camera out.

sorry should have mentioned that, I have a canon 1300D and a Pixel TW-283 remote.

so in theory as soon as the camera is back on it will just carry on like nothing happened?

Looks like it connects over the jack plug, and that's a simple short to indicate a half or full press. No feedback as far as I'm aware.

The device will just keep sending out the signal for as long as you set it for, until it runs out of power itself.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Just now, porina said:

ok perfect thank you!