Thermal Paste confusion

hello all

I am using Ryzen 7 3700x and an EVGA CLC 360 AIO. I am trying to decide which thermal paste is best to use. I'm torn between Arctic Silver 5, Arctic MX-4 '19 edition, Noctua NT-H1 and am confused about a potential fourth option...  

Is Thermal Grizzly's Conductonaut safe to use? Is it even good? I know it has a high thermal conductivity rating, which is good, but I've heard it can eat through certain materials and can ruin your parts if you're not careful.

Definitely open to any feedback or suggestions of other products not listed here

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Do not use Conductonaut. I would honestly just Stick wit Arctic MX-4 or the Noctua Paste, or if you want Kyronaut.

What's the deal with Conduconaut? why does everyone react the same way whenever anyone asks about using it? lol

Also, how is Kryonaut different to Conductonaut? Is it a safer material? sorry if i'm annoying btw, im trying to get as much info as I can!

Just now, johnatucci said:

What's the deal with Conduconaut? why does everyone react the same way whenever anyone asks about using it? lol

Also, how is Kryonaut different to Conductonaut? Is it a safer material? sorry if i'm annoying btw, im trying to get as much info as I can!

Conductonaut is a Conductive Liquid Metal, it is not a paste. Its only use is for the area between the IHS and the DIE (aka Delidding). Delidding is pretty much useless on Ryzen CPUS as they already have this but with a solder layer not LM layer. It can cause MANY issues if it gets on the board and any small component, causing shorts, and overall just is not a good idea to use for a IHS to Cooler in a normal case. Its also a Bitch to apply properly and requires a fair bit of practice.

Arctic Silver is also conductive btw.

Kyronaut/MX4 /  is a Paste, meant for the IHS to Cooler, and it is safe to use and is NOT conductive. 

wow... theres a whole lot of acronyms in there that got me totally lost lol... and what is the difference between a conductive vs non conductive paste? Is it good to have it be non conductive? 

8 minutes ago, johnatucci said:

wow... theres a whole lot of acronyms in there that got me totally lost lol... and what is the difference between a conductive vs non conductive paste? Is it good to have it be non conductive? 

so you want your thermal aste to be thermally conductive, or it wouldnt be thermal paste lol.

generally it doesnt matter if its conductive unless your repasting a gpu.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6