More voltage for turbo boost?

i recently got a new cooler for my ryzen 5 3600 which is the GIGABYTE ATC800 rgb and now i could turn on turbo boost for my cpu so i can play on 4.2ghz. now temps are very good and everything is fine but for some reason i was launching discord and it just crashed with this error "critical process died" its a blue screen basically. i wasnt putting any load on the cpu. do i need to higher the cpu voltage or is this just a random crash?

6 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

i recently got a new cooler for my ryzen 5 3600 which is the GIGABYTE ATC800 rgb and now i could turn on turbo boost for my cpu so i can play on 4.2ghz. now temps are very good and everything is fine but for some reason i was launching discord and it just crashed with this error "critical process died" its a blue screen basically. i wasnt putting any load on the cpu. do i need to higher the cpu voltage or is this just a random crash?

Did you repost this ? I could have sworn I have seen this somewhere else 

Anyways if you have xmp/dcop on disable it 

If you have ant oc on the soc get rid of it and update the bios and see if that helps 

If you reposted this please just don't it's annoying

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

1 minute ago, TofuHaroto said:

If you have ant oc on the soc get rid of it and update the bios and see if that helps 

xmp is on and i kinda need that fast memory otherwise speeds are gonna be 2400mhz on my ram. now for the other stuff i will wait and see if it crashes again because i was using a power cable from a different powersupply maybe that could have been an issue. if it crashes again  i could try what u suggested

14 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

Also i noticed in event viewer i got an error "kernel power" which was at the time i got the crash so that means something wasnt getting enough power

29 minutes ago, InfernalClaw said:

xmp is on and i kinda need that fast memory otherwise speeds are gonna be 2400mhz on my ram. now for the other stuff i will wait and see if it crashes again because i was using a power cable from a different powersupply maybe that could have been an issue. if it crashes again  i could try what u suggested

You won't be needing to disable it for ever I just need to make sure it's not the problem

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

You won't be needing to disable it for ever I just need to make sure it's not the problem

alright i will try it if i i get any crashes again. 

Hey fried!

I also have a ryzen 5 3600 + ATC800! Mind me ask, what are you current temps for idle, ciunebench r20 and prime95 small ffts?

Best!

17 minutes ago, felipejfc said:

Hey fried!

I also have a ryzen 5 3600 + ATC800! Mind me ask, what are you current temps for idle, ciunebench r20 and prime95 small ffts?

Best!

well idle with nothing open about 42 degrees but when i have discord open it could be 45-50. cinnebench maxes out at 82 degrees for me though it did reach before 87

Wow, 87 is hot!

mine is overclocked @ 4.1ghz 1.25v and it's idling ~ 40~41 degrees, cinebench 69~70 degrees, prime95 small ffts ~83

If I were you I would decrease the OC, 87 in cinebench is a lot IMO

Best!

Just now, felipejfc said:

87 in cinebench is a lot IMO

its not in a stress test 

this is normal temps

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

its not in a stress test 

this is normal temps

I disagree, CineBench is barely a stress test.

If he's hitting 87 in cinebench I bet he will hit close to 100 in prime95 small ffts.

1 minute ago, felipejfc said:

I disagree, CineBench is barelly a stress test.

excuse me what ? LMFAO 

it is barely a stress test you say lmao 

no it is a stress test 

and it utilizes all threads and cores 

these temps are fine.

Build Log: 

It is a stress test but it isn't even near to how hard prime95 hits. So what I'm trying to say is that this is not the worst case that his temps can get.

So don't think it's ok, if you do, let's agree on disagreeing...

5 hours ago, TofuHaroto said:

excuse me what ? LMFAO 

it is barely a stress test you say lmao 

no it is a stress test 

and it utilizes all threads and cores 

these temps are fine.

exactly with all due respect to @felipejfc this is a stress test it literally pegs ur cpu at 100% so actually 87 is normal i said it reached 87 i never said its always 87 while stress testing. most of the times its when stress testing its 75-80. i can try prime95

5 hours ago, felipejfc said:

It is a stress test but it isn't even near to how hard prime95 hits. So what I'm trying to say is that this is not the worst case that his temps can get.

So don't think it's ok, if you do, let's agree on disagreeing...

also im stress testing now on prime 95 and my temp is 68. so that basically proves your theory wrong

6 hours ago, InfernalClaw said:

also im stress testing now on prime 95 and my temp is 68. so that basically proves your theory wrong

Small FFTs? Sorry but it's impossible that prime95 small ffts generate less heat than cinebench.

15 hours ago, felipejfc said:

Small FFTs? Sorry but it's impossible that prime95 small ffts generate less heat than cinebench.

well i just proved it and i can do it again if you are so curious

pictures or it didn't happen, unless my prime version is different than urs