Dual-boot problem on my SSD.

Go to solution Solved by Malymole,

Yes I think so, open an elevated command prompt, and type "chkntfs /x c:". Press enter and it should stop

I just got a new SSD for my PC, which is holding my dual-boot systems, Windows 10 Pro(First, Work and Manjaro Linux(Second, testing projects).

Now the installation was easy and effortless and I am able to access both OS'es without any problem. Even the Diagnostic software for the drive says everything is perfect.

But, every time I go to boot up into windows, the splash screen says that it's going to scan the drive in 10 seconds unless I press a key. I never had a problem with a dual boot system before, and it's only Windows 10 that's reporting there is an error with the drive each time I boot in Win 10.

Is there any way to fix this?

4 minutes ago, GodOfKnockers said:

I just got a new SSD for my PC, which is holding my dual-boot systems, Windows 10 Pro(First, Work and Manjaro Linux(Second, testing projects).

Now the installation was easy and effortless and I am able to access both OS'es without any problem. Even the Diagnostic software for the drive says everything is perfect.

But, every time I go to boot up into windows, the splash screen says that it's going to scan the drive in 10 seconds unless I press a key. I never had a problem with a dual boot system before, and it's only Windows 10 that's reporting there is an error with the drive each time I boot in Win 10.

Is there any way to fix this?

Does it give you any kind of error code or anything?

Yes I think so, open an elevated command prompt, and type "chkntfs /x c:". Press enter and it should stop

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Does it give you any kind of error code or anything?

No error codes at all. Everything works as it should. Powers up, shutdown, access files, running apps...everything is working like it should.

Windows 10 just tells me it's going to scan the drive unless I press any key in 10 seconds at the splash screen.