Corsair K70 Arrived Today

dgtL

They go in between the housing for extra stability and dust control. and just a little more noise control

USFg0.jpg

Wow. Nice! Love how your customising your KB!

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

All that for a single keyboard? why didn't they provide that accessories with the keyboard itself or made a Limited edition package of all the cool accessories?

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

All that for a single keyboard? why didn't they provide that accessories with the keyboard itself or made a Limited edition package of all the cool accessories?

Yea man ive caught the bug. And the keyboard did comes with extra accessories. Its just mods that ive been doing and its hard to explain if youre not in to it.

Anyone with a K70...have you had any issues with the scroll lock light blinking?  Not only that buy now my windows key lock button does not work.  Anyone else with this issue?  I think I may post something in the troubleshooting thread also.  Let me know everyone!  Thanks.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

man that sucks. i havnt had a single issue. As new as it is i would def call corsair support. im sure they will fix it or send you a new one.

They have a #? lol...I can't see to find it.  I have also noticed that my media keys are not working :(

After doing a few google searches, I have only seen one other person post something about this in another forum, but no responses.

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

BTW...I think I just found the their number...going to try...wonder if they are open on Sundays.

Yea i guess things have changed. 800-205-7657 used to work but only goes to a vm service that is full. lol. you can use their new ticket service on their site  http://corsair.secure.force.com.

Yea i guess things have changed. 800-205-7657 used to work but only goes to a vm service that is full. lol. you can use their new ticket service on their site  http://corsair.secure.force.com.

I found this on their website Toll Free: +1 888-222-4346

Closed of course today...I will try that tomorrow before going through the ticket service.

Found a solution...just moved the bios switch from 1 to 2 then back to 1 and all it good now :) Does anyone know what this bios switch actually does?  Doesn't even say in the little manual that was included with the keyboard on purchase.

I understand now, thanks!

Didn't see that post before, must have missed it.

Man! you gotta try one then. ive yet to meet someone try mechanical and then go back to membrane. in fact it kinda becomes an addiction for a lot of people.

i agree :) i have a g710+ at home and im thinking of getting an other mechanical keyboard to use at work :) maybe a blue this time if i can find one cheaper than g710+ :)

Anyone with a K70...have you had any issues with the scroll lock light blinking?  Not only that buy now my windows key lock button does not work.  Anyone else with this issue?  I think I may post something in the troubleshooting thread also.  Let me know everyone!  Thanks.

You have bios mode on.  Those light will blink to let you know the board is in bios mode.  Change the switch to either 1,2,3,4 to remove the keyboard from that mode. Recommend is going with 1 (1ms or 1000hz).

You have bios mode on.  Those light will blink to let you know the board is in bios mode.  Change the switch to either 1,2,3,4 to remove the keyboard from that mode. Recommend is going with 1 (1ms or 1000hz).

Thank you!

Anyone else...check out Logan's video...best review video I've seen yet on Youtube for this keyboard.

http://youtu.be/aLQ7b08W1JA

• 2 weeks later...

Really love this keyboard but I feel like £120 is just a bit too expensive for it here in the UK, especially when they are $130 in the US. :(

^ Yeh, doesn't the price gorging for no reason (apart from VAT etc which doesn't make up the massive difference) totally suck?

Adding on like £40 somehow, 20% vat so £12...erm shipping I guess? That's some very expensive shipping! :D

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

That's like $180.00 USD.  Wow.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

I think the k95 is coming out on the 21 so once Linus make his video on it then you can make a decision.

OK..reactive mode works on the K70.  Nowhere in the instructions did it say this LOL.  Kind of neat.  Wouldn't of known unless I watched the video.

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

OK..reactive mode works on the K70.  Nowhere in the instructions did it say this LOL.  Kind of neat.  Wouldn't of known unless I watched the video.

Yea its weird. there is next to nothing in the paper work about how stuff works.

• 4 weeks later...

re: Vinyl stickers - They go in between the housing for extra stability and dust control. and just a little more noise control

So, can I ask, are these very visible at all when installed or not? In a cool way if so?

Any chance of a pic of the keyboard with them on?

And, do they affect the noise level/quality?

Any other impressions? - thks