Liquid Metal on GPU Die Questions

Aremis

Hello

I have a project in mind that I want to play around with, but first I want to be sure my GPU won't be dead in a month from corrosion.  I have 2 Nvidia 9800GT's laying here doing nothing waiting to be put back into a mac or something similar.  I can buy a box of 20 of these cards for about 50 bucks from a recycle center, so I don't care if they die.  What I'd like to do is rig one up with a better cooling block and better clocks / vbios and see what I can push a 9800 GT to do.  Yes, I'm aware they are basically 8800GTS's, however these are the updated 65nm cards, not the 90nm or whatever the first release was that was based on the 8800 directly.  So there is some space to overclock and push them.

Goal?  60+FPS at 900P in skyrim.  Now, whether or not I have to add a better block is a little skeptical at the moment, but its on the table.

Mostly I just want to know what liquid metal does to the die over time.  I'm aware that gallium corrodes and aluminum and copper, but how long does that actually take?  Would repasting the GPU monthly keep the corrosion down?

Future goals here are to keep both GPU's pushed to the max with the both cooling I could do under air and to see how fast they can render video, or compute things.  I'm bored ATP.  Just dunno the chemical characteristics of gallium over all.

Is there a site that talks about the effects between substances?  Something on TechPowerUP?

Thanks!