How to remove a completely stripped screw on my Laptop?

Yeah there seems to be a problem with your link, I can't see it either. Depending on how stripped it is and how tightly it is screwed in, you might be able to unscrew it by pressing down on it very hard, though I don't know what area the screw is in and if anything below it can get damaged.

Can you look at the image now?

These are links to an image you have in gmail, we can't see them. Save the image locally and then upload it here. You'll basically have to treat it like any other stripped screw, but tiny. Left handed drill bit might work, but usually doesn't. Screw extractors don't come in small enough sizes, at least not ones I've seen. Best option to try right now is to grab some paper, stick it over the screw, and push hard into the screw, then try to remove it. The paper will fill gaps in the screw and give you better purchase to try to remove it. After that, throw the screw out, putting it back in will only cause more pain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, BobVonBob said:

These are links to an image you have in gmail, we can't see them. Save the image locally and then upload it here. You'll basically have to treat it like any other stripped screw, but tiny. Left handed drill bit might work, but usually doesn't. Screw extractors don't come in small enough sizes, at least not ones I've seen. Best option to try right now is to grab some paper, stick it over the screw, and push hard into the screw, then try to remove it. The paper will fill gaps in the screw and give you better purchase to try to remove it. After that, throw the screw out, putting it back in will only cause more pain.

I've uploaded the right image here.

2 minutes ago, Infow27 said:

Can you look at the image now?

I can see the embedded image but not the linked one. Is that a screw on the back of the laptop? If it is a Philips head screw you can try to use a flathead screwdriver, or as someone mentioned you can try putting either paper or a rubber band over the screw and push down hard on it.

Try using a Dremel and cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade screwdrver if you can get at it

1 minute ago, Infow27 said:

I've uploaded the right image here.

That one looks salvageable. Try the paper method I mentioned. Rip a piece of paper into a small rectangle, fold it in half so there are two layers, and put it over the screw there. That should let you get it out.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Just now, LWM723 said:

Try using a Dremel and cut a slot in the head and use a flat blade screwdrver if you can get at it

Don't have a Dremel unfortunately.

1 minute ago, The_russian said:

I can see the embedded image but not the linked one. Is that a screw on the back of the laptop? If it is a Philips head screw you can try to use a flathead screwdriver, or as someone mentioned you can try putting either paper or a rubber band over the screw and push down hard on it.

Yes, it's a Philips head, tried with rubber and paper but the problem its that it's way inside enclosed.

Just now, Infow27 said:

Yes, it's a Philips head, tried with rubber and paper but the problem its that it's way inside enclosed.

Take it to a service centre. Else you may end up cracking the screen. Happened to me once, the pressure I uses to take out a screw cracked the LCD

Just now, 5x5 said:

Take it to a service centre. Else you may end up cracking the screen. Happened to me once, the pressure I uses to take out a screw cracked the LCD

It's complete lock-down here, also I live in a containment zone so I'm screwed.

Just now, Infow27 said:

It's complete lock-down here, also I live in a containment zone so I'm screwed.

You'll have to wait then. Why are you taking it apart?

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

You'll have to wait then. Why are you taking it apart?

Been having issues with the Laptop since the beginning of March. Laptop turns on, does not display anything, Fans run at a max.

Trying to troubleshoot it since last week. 

I wanted to pull out the RAM and HDD (yup my laptop is ancient) and re-seat them again, unfortunately the screw got stripped while I tried un-screwing them.

I need my laptop up and running by 2 days cause I gotta work.

12 minutes ago, LWM723 said:

IMG20200502125019.thumb.jpg.82955f61f1d5042fd6f253eeaea50272.jpgI made it even worse now. :(

You should be able to get it out but you'd have to sacrifice a screwdriver to do it.

Get a screwdriver that's roughly the same size as the screw, dab the tip with some Cyanoacrylate Glue (or epoxy if you have it) then stick it to the screw. Give it some time to cure then it should unscrew right out, just be careful not to glue the screw in (which is why you put the glue on the screwdriver, not the screw) and don't use so much pressure that you break the bond.

Neither the screw nor the driver will be reusable afterwards.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

You should be able to get it out but you'd have to sacrifice a screwdriver to do it.

Get a screwdriver that's roughly the same size as the screw, dab the tip with some cyanoacrylate Glue (or epoxy if you have it) then stick it to the screw. Give it some time to cure then it should unscrew right out, just be careful not to glue the screw in (which is why you put the glue on the screwdriver, not the screw) and don't use so much pressure that you break the bond.

Neither the screw nor the driver will be reusable afterwards.

All I have rn is a tube of glue stick :(

5 minutes ago, Infow27 said:

Spoiler

IMG20200502125019.thumb.jpg.82955f61f1d5042fd6f253eeaea50272.jpg

I made it even worse now. :(

It was savable before, now I'm not so sure. In the past I have gotten a flat head screw driver that was barely bigger than the hole, and I mean barely bigger, and hit it with a hammer a few times hard enough to drive the screw driver into the screw, but lightly enough to not damage anything else. If you decide to try this, flip the laptop open so the screen isn't underneath where you are hitting. This worked for me in the past but I am not responsible for any damage that may occur if you try this, so proceed with caution.

Edited by The_russian
Edited for clarification.

14 minutes ago, The_russian said:

It was savable before, now I'm not so sure. In the past I have gotten a flat head screw driver that was barely bigger than the hole, and I mean barely bigger, and hit it with a hammer a few times hard enough to drive the screw driver into the screw, but lightly enough to not damage anything else. If you decide to try this, flip the laptop open so the screen isn't underneath where you are hitting. This worked for me in the past but I am not responsible for any damage that may occur if you try this, so proceed with caution.

Tried it, does not work.

Wait till you can get out and buy a screw extractor. You could also ask a machine shop as they do thi more often than a computer shop