Need Help With i7-8700k Temps

Go to solution Solved by Spearlight,

so am refunding the dark rock 4 and buying a 360 AIO for my CPU

1 minute ago, Spearlight said:

also now i turn off MCE and i need more voltage to actually get in to windows but only like 0.01 more but the issue why i turn it off in the first place is because my cpu is now at max speeds when doing nothing and i don't want it to do it i know it could be a power setting so what would you think power setting that would be if you had to guess i have tried going though and turn off or turn on but didn't work also now with MCE off now my cpu doesn't hit the max turbo which is 4.7GHz but it goes to like 4.40-4.45Ghz could that also be a power issue and also it does lower clock speed down to like 3.8Ghz and stuff half way through. also side note really annoying thing is task manager show when it does hit max clock when doing nothing it show 4.69Ghz kind of annoying want it to say 4.70Ghz got any insight

Did you try setting the core clock multiplier manually to 47?

Are you sure that the system is idling? Programs or updates in the background can cause the cpu to boost. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Did you try setting the core clock multiplier manually to 47?

Are you sure that the system is idling? Programs or updates in the background can cause the cpu to boost. 

i fixed the issue for it always boosting well that one issue solved and yes i do believe i try setting the core clock multiplier manually to 47

2 minutes ago, Spearlight said:

i fixed the issue for it always boosting well that one issue solved and yes i do believe i try setting the core clock multiplier manually to 47

All the things I have done

359F2EA1-9D2B-4C14-A2D0-207177E43FD2.jpeg

CDEB9331-4456-4B2B-8608-190FAC604B3E.jpeg

Are you just using Task Manager to look at clock speeds? It's not very reliable and I recommend using better software like cpu-z. I personally use OCCT.

Did you edit the Long / Short Package Power Limit and Package Power Time Window?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 4/16/2020 at 11:44 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Are you just using Task Manager to look at clock speeds? It's not very reliable and I recommend using better software like cpu-z. I personally use OCCT.

i just fixed that issue of the clock speed not hitting max and it dropping now am trying to figure out were did my 0.01 of my clock go it says 4.69 and its annoying i want to say 4.70 lol

On 4/16/2020 at 11:44 PM, WoodenMarker said:

Did you edit the Long / Short Package Power Limit and Package Power Time Window?

This fixed the issue like I said above just had to quote 

On 4/16/2020 at 11:49 PM, Spearlight said:

This fixed the issue like I said above just had to quote 

i think task manager is not reporting my 0.01 clock when i do look at CPU-Z it does say 4.700MHz even hitting maybe like 4.704MHz okay is their anything else to lower my cpu temps beside voltage cause that basically fine tuned?

so am refunding the dark rock 4 and buying a 360 AIO for my CPU