HELP. Cooler leaked, is the motherboard still good?

Left my computer to update over night and found it wouldn’t turn on in the morning. I push the power button and everything turns on for a split second and then turns off. So I made sure all the connections weren’t loose and that’s when I found coolant residue on the gpu, I looked at the cooler and could tell it had been leaking. Took the gpu out and tried starting it to see if it would at least stay on but still turned off immediately. The motherboard is getting power but i need opinions as to what the actual problem may be. If i got a new gpu and cooler and maybe a power supply would it work or does it seem like the motherboard is to blame? Just lookin for opinions. 

2 minutes ago, Dmnjkt said:

Left my computer to update over night and found it wouldn’t turn on in the morning. I push the power button and everything turns on for a split second and then turns off. So I made sure all the connections weren’t loose and that’s when I found coolant residue on the gpu, I looked at the cooler and could tell it had been leaking. Took the gpu out and tried starting it to see if it would at least stay on but still turned off immediately. The motherboard is getting power but i need opinions as to what the actual problem may be. If i got a new gpu and cooler and maybe a power supply would it work or does it seem like the motherboard is to blame? Just lookin for opinions. 

Unplug everything and let it dry out for at least 3 days. Never turn on wet components as they really need to dry out before using them again.

22 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Unplug everything and let it dry out for at least 3 days. Never turn on wet components as they really need to dry out before using them again.

Okay thanks. Do u think I have to worry about the motherboard being shorted out?

Just now, Dmnjkt said:

Okay thanks. Do u think I have to worry about the motherboard being shorted out?

If you turned it on before it had time to dry properly than there is a chance you damaged it further. Disconnect it from power, let it sit and dry, don't try to rush through it just to check if it started working already.

12 minutes ago, Dmnjkt said:

Since you turned it on again multiple times your whole pc could easily be fried.

59 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Since you turned it on again multiple times your whole pc could easily be fried.

RIP.

2 minutes ago, Dmnjkt said:

RIP.

Again be patient let it dry for at least 3 days (perferably a week) and rotate the pieces around every day.

You might be lucky and there's some sort of protection mechanism against shorting your whole system but if you tried turning it on multiple times after it was wet nobody knows what damage could have happened. Don't do it again, let it dry as others have said and cross your fingers. Might still work. What were you thinking when you found out the the cooler had leaked and you still tried to turn it on? Wasn't that a red flag? Sorry to sound harsh but that does seem kind of stupid.