Headphones recommendation

The_Real_Skeb

I'm looking for some gaming headphones for under 90 - 120$. I would prefer wired and wireless with a detachable or no mic at all and clear audio. As a comparison, i would like something that is beyond the Corsair HS60 (the ones i have right now)

From me too, Coolermaster MH 751/752 is difficult to beat.

Also, HyperX Cloud Alpha~, Lioncast LX55.

These are pretty much the best headsets you can buy below 100 bucks.
Above 100 bucks, you don't buy headsets anymore, you buy headphones + separate Mic. Beause that's the point, where headphones become SO good, that (almost!) no headset on the market can compete. Especially not those Gaming-Toys companies like Razer, Astro etc.

Depending on what's important for you, i would recommend going the Headphone route.

Do you seek the absolute best competetive performance (positioning, clarity, hearing every single step), forget anything that has "Gaming" in it's name --> AKG K701/702.

Up to $300-400+ it's THE best and highest God-Mode you can have for positional Audio.

It's not a "Fun" headphone. It's fairly neutral. But the Soundstage and positioning from each tone is superb for the Price.

35 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Sennheiser pc37x if you live in the US , coolermastermh751, 

Yes, Sennheiser is the best but I am assuming your not a audio engineer.  Expect a accurate sound and not a boomy bass and muffled mids and exaggerated highs.  Also you want stereo or 7.1 USB ?  Virtual Surround has come a long way.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

11 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Above 100 bucks, you don't buy headsets anymore, you buy headphones + separate Mic. Beause that's the point, where headphones become SO good, that (almost!) no headset on the market can compete. Especially not those Gaming-Toys companies like Razer, Astro etc.

Depending on what's important for you, i would recommend going the Headphone route.

Do you seek the absolute best competetive performance (positioning, clarity, hearing every single step), forget anything that has "Gaming" in it's name --> AKG K701/702.

Up to $300-400+ it's THE best and highest God-Mode you can have for positional Audio.

It's not a "Fun" headphone. It's fairly neutral. But the Soundstage and positioning from each tone is superb for the Price.

I seek for clarity, such as like no distortion on high volumes, good deep bass and able to hear surround sound (easily identify if steps are behind me or to the left or right). I do not need a headset with a mic since i already have an external one. i will look into the ones that you suggested and ill get back to you if i need something more or if anything is good. thank you

11 hours ago, Mike Tyson said:

Yes, Sennheiser is the best but I am assuming your not a audio engineer.  Expect a accurate sound and not a boomy bass and muffled mids and exaggerated highs.  Also you want stereo or 7.1 USB ?  Virtual Surround has come a long way.

i dont really mind, i just want something that can easily identify surround sound and has high volume without distortion.

11 hours ago, Darkseth said:

i looked at the ones you recommended and i want to know whats the difference between the Hyper X cloud alpha vs the alpha S? And if i were to go with the Cloud Alpha S, i dont see any other color option but blue, are there more colors or is it only blue? And also what narrows down the Cooler master MH-752 to the Alpha S?

4 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

i dont really mind, i just want something that can easily identify surround sound and has high volume without distortion.

What is best for you is a 7.1 virtual surround USB HP with mic.  Go Logitech man, I don't trust any other company...Razer for example sounds like a toy sound steer clear of that.  Corsair is not a good HP maker, their good point is their PSU's and RAM and SSD.  Get a wireless Logitech alto battery life is 8 hours, but it charges fast.

Intel 10980XE @ 4.6Ghz / Gigabyte x299x Aorus Master / Gigabyte WF RTX 2080 / Corsair Dominator RGB 64GB @ 3200 / Corsair AX1600i / Corsair H115i Pro RGB / Corsair Carbide 330r Blackout Edition / AOC 40" 4k Curved Monitor / LG 55" C9 OLED 120hz / Logitech G Pro Wireless & G915 Wireless Linear & G935 Wireless / Scarlett 2i2 USB / KRK Rokits 10-3-1 Gen4 / Sennheiser HD 650 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk By BandLab / Corsair MP510 960GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial M4 500GB / LaCie External Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB

5 minutes ago, Mike Tyson said:

What is best for you is a 7.1 virtual surround USB HP with mic.  Go Logitech man, I don't trust any other company...Razer for example sounds like a toy sound steer clear of that.  Corsair is not a good HP maker, their good point is their PSU's and RAM and SSD.  Get a wireless Logitech alto battery life is 8 hours, but it charges fast.

Can you maybe send a link to the ones you are mentioning, i cant find any Logitech alto. And im not sure if thats the actual name.

Look at my signature.  Here you go Logitech G935 Wireless DTS:X 7.1 Surround ... - Amazon.com

To narrow it down, im really liking the Cloud alpha S but i have also come across the Corsair HS70, its wireless and has a detachable mic, right now i have the HS60 and i actually like them a lot but im not sure if i should go for the Alpha S or the HS70. And the Logitech G935 is too much, they seem massive and flimsy and arent they made fully out of plastic?

18 minutes ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

To narrow it down, im really liking the Cloud alpha S but i have also come across the Corsair HS70, its wireless and has a detachable mic, right now i have the HS60 and i actually like them a lot but im not sure if i should go for the Alpha S or the HS70. And the Logitech G935 is too much, they seem massive and flimsy and arent they made fully out of plastic?

Metal and some hard material like a mouse and real leather.  You can move the counes twist them and they say flimsy in reviews but I didn't care and when I got them it blew me away.  Not flimsy when you wear it and it will stick to your head and not touch your ears, their big comfortable.... I have 500 dollar HP's and their great for gaming, but I rather use the G935 for gaming and my Sennheiser for mixing and mastering.  The sound is amazing, and I know for fact these other HP's like hyperX sound like a toy especially Razer, which you should avoid.  its big cones so darn comfortable.  You will thank me if you get it.  Also its high quality leather and light.  I can pin point every step in FPS games.   You know if the guy is around the corner or on your front left side etc...Also its big so it doesnt touch your ears.  I recommend them coming from a guy whos been producing music for 23 years.  It charges very very fast so you wont really have down times.  It goes 8 hours but cant do more due to the quality.

9 hours ago, The_Real_Skeb said:

i looked at the ones you recommended and i want to know whats the difference between the Hyper X cloud alpha vs the alpha S? And if i were to go with the Cloud Alpha S, i dont see any other color option but blue, are there more colors or is it only blue? And also what narrows down the Cooler master MH-752 to the Alpha S?

i'm not sure about the differences.

But these mentioned are good, because they are all based on REAL headphones, that even cost similar: Takstar Pro 82~

Companies like Logitech.. Well, Logitech is by far not the first choice i would do with Sound. Their speakers aren't good, their headsets aren't good. But apparently, they have gotten better: 

Years ago on Logitech G35 times (and the Wireless version of it, G930) where literaly overpriced Garbage Cans.

I wonder if the Quality became better too, G35/G930 were not good build quality wise.

Regarding 5.1/7.1 simulation software: It really depends on your head anatomy, if it works for you, or if it doesn't. Different Software have different algorithms.

I personally found "Razer Surround" as one of the best out there. But in Games, it never really made a difference, except "souding more spacey/unnatural". Positionals were never improved for me.

Plus, most people use wrong settings, because they fundamentally don't understand how the software actually works and what it does^^ They use wrong settings, where the Surround can not possibly work, but they still think it sounds more surround like.
And even worse, they mix 2 surround modes together. Many games (Battlefield for example) already come with a surround mode included, that is made for stereo headphones/headsets.

Edit: And of course, Logitech wouldn't use real leather lol. But that shouldn't be an issue untill the pads crumble away.

I've seen too many Logitech user look for a new headset, because their Pads just crumble away, and you can't buy the pads.

If you can't buy replacement pads for the Logitech G935, you should not buy it for more than 100 bucks.

Get a REAL headphone, not a Toy. A good headphone, even for 130-150 Dollar will last you for decades AND will have a better build quality than every gaming headset you can find on the market: beyerdynamic for example. Even after 20 years you can get almost all spare parts for it, if anything should ever break.

14 hours ago, Darkseth said:

i'm not sure about the differences.

But these mentioned are good, because they are all based on REAL headphones, that even cost similar: Takstar Pro 82~

Companies like Logitech.. Well, Logitech is by far not the first choice i would do with Sound. Their speakers aren't good, their headsets aren't good. But apparently, they have gotten better: 

Years ago on Logitech G35 times (and the Wireless version of it, G930) where literaly overpriced Garbage Cans.

I wonder if the Quality became better too, G35/G930 were not good build quality wise.

Regarding 5.1/7.1 simulation software: It really depends on your head anatomy, if it works for you, or if it doesn't. Different Software have different algorithms.

I personally found "Razer Surround" as one of the best out there. But in Games, it never really made a difference, except "souding more spacey/unnatural". Positionals were never improved for me.

Plus, most people use wrong settings, because they fundamentally don't understand how the software actually works and what it does^^ They use wrong settings, where the Surround can not possibly work, but they still think it sounds more surround like.
And even worse, they mix 2 surround modes together. Many games (Battlefield for example) already come with a surround mode included, that is made for stereo headphones/headsets.

Edit: And of course, Logitech wouldn't use real leather lol. But that shouldn't be an issue untill the pads crumble away.

I've seen too many Logitech user look for a new headset, because their Pads just crumble away, and you can't buy the pads.

If you can't buy replacement pads for the Logitech G935, you should not buy it for more than 100 bucks.

Get a REAL headphone, not a Toy. A good headphone, even for 130-150 Dollar will last you for decades AND will have a better build quality than every gaming headset you can find on the market: beyerdynamic for example. Even after 20 years you can get almost all spare parts for it, if anything should ever break.

Ye, im looking at the HS70 which are wireless and also have a detachable mic, and also looking at the HyperX Cloud Alpha S (im not sure if the cloud II's or the cloud alpha sound different to the S version but i would go for the Alpha because of the color they used *black and red* and not like the Alpha S which are black and blue. and im liking the hyperX ones more than corsairs HS 60/70 because the 60 and 70 have the same design and i have the HS60 and they feel flimsy and the padding is slowing coming apart. And the thing with the HyperX is that i can enable 7.1 on the go with the little usb board (on cable) instead of the HS60 which dont have 7.1 disable/enable. So i think im going to go for the HyperX Cloud Alpha S (if the Cloud Alpha's do have a difference then i might switch).

Edit: I did some research and found out that the difference between the Cloud Alpha and the Cloud Alpha S is that the S has the USB on board control to enable 7.1. and also i found the Cloud Alpha S has a blackout version which the color is full black which im in love with already. So my final decision will be the Alpha S (blackout). Thank you for helping me

Cloud alpha is probably better.
Cloud 2 is nothing but the original Cloud 1, just with a (not very good) USB-Soundcard included, which often sounds worse than Realtek chips :P

But in the end... It's alot preference, and if possible, you should try them out