PC lags and drops frames

HiImSark

Hello, I don’t know much about computers and I was hoping someone could help me out. I have been having a problem with my computer and I don’t really know what the reason for it is. Whenever I am playing Modern Warfare regular like matches like Search N’ Destroy and Gunfight I drop frames every so often and my disk usage usually runs at 100% but it goes up and down. Whenever I load into Warzone on Modern Warfare I can barely play because it is just way too laggy for me. It even runs at 100 whenever I am not even playing anything. I have tried all the things that people say on the internet like disabling a lot of stuff like superfetch and antivirus and more things, but I just can’t get down to the problem. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled windows thinking it would fix it. I am starting to think it could be my Memory or not having an SSD, but then again I don’t know a lot about computers. Specs are below.

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology H110M-H-CF x.x

Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 8GB (2 x 4 GB)

I don't think your disk is to blame here. Instead I would check your GPU usage to see if you are running out of vram.  You may be dropping frames because you are running out of vram so you may need to lower your render distance and other visual settings to decrease the load on your GPU. You could also limit your frame rate to 60 and see if you still drop frames. It seems that the 1050 can realistically only run modern warfare on lowest settings @ 1080p. 

It could be a nvidia driver issue try installing an older version and play around a little with the ingame settings. 

The specs seem fine for an okay experience with the game. SSD and 16GB of RAM are always a good idea if you can afford and could help but I can't promise you for sure.