GPU still run >80 degrees with 3 intake and 3 exhaust fans

Hi Everyone, I've got an issue with my GPU temperature. During playing games such as Overwatch and COD Warzone, my GPU hitting more than 80 degrees (sometime until 86 degrees) with case closed. With the case open, the gpu can reach 82 degrees. I've done adding more fans into my case. The other part of my PC works perfectly fine. The temperature of my CPU max at 56 degrees alongside with my others components at normal temperature. Please find the attached picture of my PC.

*I'm using 1660 super

**the cooler is not touching the VGA card

IMG_4769.JPEG

5 minutes ago, afsyaputraa said:

done adding more fans

More doesn't always solve the issue, if the airflow in the case is bad. 

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

More doesn't always solve the issue, if the airflow in the case is bad. 

from what you seeing in the picture, do I need to do anything before decided to change my case?

2 minutes ago, boey said:

use msi afterburner to increase gpu fan speed?

done with 100 fan speed

1 minute ago, AMD1234 said:

If you are confident you could re paste your GPU. 

Hmmm I think better claim my warranty first before re paste my GPU

what is the exact model of your gpu? maybe it just has a bad cooler and you can't do anything about it

I agree with @ImNotThere, really no reason to be worried as for a GPU the temperature isn't that high.

However if it reaches theses temperatures with the GPU fan at 100% then I'm pretty sure there's some considerable issue with the thermal interface between the cooler and the GPU.

If you're not confident enough to re-paste the cooler then I'd RMA because those kinds of temps with 100% fan speed really isn't acceptable at all!

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

24 minutes ago, boey said:

what is the exact model of your gpu? maybe it just has a bad cooler and you can't do anything about it

I'm using Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC

25 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

80 c is 20 below thermal max for your gpu, dont worry about it, if it gets up to 90, thats an issue

8 minutes ago, Tundral said:

I agree with @ImNotThere, really no reason to be worried as for a GPU the temperature isn't that high.

However if it reaches theses temperatures with the GPU fan at 100% then I'm pretty sure there's some considerable issue with the thermal interface between the cooler and the GPU.

If you're not confident enough to re-paste the cooler then I'd RMA because those kinds of temps with 100% fan speed really isn't acceptable at all!

Thanks for the advice! It makes me chill a bit. I think the same way about the temps with 100% fan speed! I'd RMA ASAP

1 minute ago, afsyaputraa said:

I'm using Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Super OC

Thanks for the advice! It makes me chill a bit. I think the same way about the temps with 100% fan speed! I'd RMA ASAP

How is the airflow cooling the GPU, I can't quite tell from the pic, is the fan pulling the air from underneath and pushing it out the back, or some other method?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

How is the airflow cooling the GPU, I can't quite tell from the pic, is the fan pulling the air from underneath and pushing it out the back, or some other method?

He's got three fans pulling air in from the front. It most definitely isn't his overall airflow.

I've got three intake fans, one outtake and a less open system. My Strix 1070ti barely reaches 70C at full load with <40% fan speed.

EDIT: This is with F@H hitting my CPU 100% at the same time!

Edited by Tundral

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

IMG_4769.JPEG.941b475a25b5ffdc2589f48f58594475.thumb.JPEG.cbcd1cce7e9d36dc4c966e84eacd2422.JPEG

There's like 1,5 fans just blowing fresh air underneath the GPU for it to use. Should be way enough, especially with such and open case!

Main rig:

Secondary rig:

14 minutes ago, Tundral said:

underneath

I was concerned the top fans were pulling air in to the case, and fighting with the CPU cooler there, if those fans are pulling air out, then the air flow ought to be good enough, however my main concern was the video card itself, how air was being drawn in to it (I assume from the bottom of the case) and where it was being exhausted to (out the back, again, an assumption) and was wondering if the card itself was fighting airflow, rather than helping it.

Could also be full of dust...

1 hour ago, Tundral said:

IMG_4769.JPEG.941b475a25b5ffdc2589f48f58594475.thumb.JPEG.cbcd1cce7e9d36dc4c966e84eacd2422.JPEG

There's like 1,5 fans just blowing fresh air underneath the GPU for it to use. Should be way enough, especially with such and open case!

Thank you for picturing how my airflow works! Exactly like I picture it when I try to putting the fans.

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

if those fans are pulling air out, then the air flow ought to be good enough

Are u trying to suggest the intake fans to pulling air out? If it so, where intake fans should be put?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

however my main concern was the video card itself, how air was being drawn in to it (I assume from the bottom of the case) and where it was being exhausted to (out the back, again, an assumption) and was wondering if the card itself was fighting airflow, rather than helping it.

Could also be full of dust..

This also my main concern rn. Since the GPU still getting hot while playing some games, the exhausting process must be questionable. But for the dust thing I guess isn't

4 minutes ago, afsyaputraa said:

the exhausting process must be questionable. But for the dust thing I guess isn't

It's not the exhaust process. The card will blow air out of the back of the PC and whatever might flow out of the sides of the card will definitely make its way to be exhausted by one of the top fans!

Dust might be a problem, but if it's not like absolutely filled with thick dust that wouldn't be causing such high temps.

One thing I'd do though is making sure that the intake fans on the front are pushing in more air (spinning faster, or having more intake fans) than the exhaust fans are pushing out so that a positive air pressure is kept inside of the system. This will prevent dust from being sucked in from through nooks and crannies!

However that's a small change and definitely not alone the cause of your high temps!

Main rig:

Secondary rig: