Better CPU For Streaming & Gaming Performance

Go to solution Solved by 5x5,
Just now, ProdixyYT said:

Okay :) i'm going to look into a build. Do you have any recommendations for the cheapest Motherboard i can get and most effective?

B450 Pro4, Steel Legend or Strix would be my pick but MSI B450 Tomahawk and Gaming Pro Carbon are also solid

So, I am planing on building a PC for streaming and performance while gaming (more fps) in 2021.

I've decided to either use a AMD 2600X (because people say its better for streaming) with a RTX 2060 Super and 16 GB of RAM OR

Intel Core i5-9600KF with RTX 2060 Super and 16 GB of RAM

When i go to UserBench mark however, the I5 build is vastly superior in preformace.

I want to use this computer for the next three years 2021-2024 so I need something that will be up to date and will also be exelent for streaming. What do you think I should go for? Everyone is telling me 2600X is better for Streaming, but the i5 vastly out preformce the 2600X in FPS.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 4.39.52 PM.png

5 minutes ago, XAIXER said:

Why not go with a 3700(x)?

Even so, the i5 still vastly outperforms it and the 3700x costs more. I'm trying to get a CPU between 170$ - 210$ which is within my budget. The 3700x is almost 300$

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 4.51.06 PM.png

1 minute ago, ProdixyYT said:

Even so, the i5 still vastly outperforms it and the 3700x costs more. I'm trying to get a CPU between 170$ - 210$ which is within my budget. The 3700x is almost 300$

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 4.51.06 PM.png

Let me clue you in on one thing. User benchmark is fake news. Shocking, I know. Its SEO spam and nothing else. The 9600K is outdated and obasolete since even the 3600 is better in every way possible. The 3700X is easily FAR superior. Take this from an i7 owner, do NOT trust userbenchmark with anything

Just now, 5x5 said:

Let me clue you in on one thing. User benchmark is fake news. Shocking, I know. Its SEO spam and nothing else. The 9600K is outdated and obasolete since even the 3600 is better in every way possible. The 3700X is easily FAR superior. Take this from an i7 owner, do NOT trust userbenchmark with anything

Okay, so I can trust you that I will get far better preformance in fps and most importantly streaming for twitch and recording gameplay?

13 minutes ago, ProdixyYT said:

So, I am planing on building a PC for streaming and performance while gaming (more fps) in 2021.

I've decided to either use a AMD 2600X (because people say its better for streaming) with a RTX 2060 Super and 16 GB of RAM OR

Intel Core i5-9600KF with RTX 2060 Super and 16 GB of RAM

When i go to UserBench mark however, the I5 build is vastly superior in preformace.

I want to use this computer for the next three years 2021-2024 so I need something that will be up to date and will also be exelent for streaming. What do you think I should go for? Everyone is telling me 2600X is better for Streaming, but the i5 vastly out preformce the 2600X in FPS.

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 4.39.52 PM.png

For your use case the 3600 is the best option. The 9600K is not good for streaming. At all and even gets pegged at 100% by few modern games so it's on its way out for gaming as well. You REALLY need more than 6 threads in mid 2020

4 minutes ago, ProdixyYT said:

Okay, so I can trust you that I will get far better preformance in fps and most importantly streaming for twitch and recording gameplay?

Yes because the frame rate you see above is dictated by the GPU. Both 9600K and 3600 can max most cards. The FPS numbers on the site listed above are basically random. Basically, if you listen to userbench, the i3 8350K is as fast as an i9 9980XE. Not really logical, eh. 😁😁😁 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

For your use case the 3600 is the best option. The 9600K is not good for streaming. At all and even gets pegged at 100% by few modern games so it's on its way out for gaming as well. You REALLY need more than 6 threads in mid 2020

Okay :) i'm going to look into a build. Do you have any recommendations for the cheapest Motherboard i can get and most effective?

Just now, ProdixyYT said:

B450 Pro4, Steel Legend or Strix would be my pick but MSI B450 Tomahawk and Gaming Pro Carbon are also solid

okay im gonna go with the steel legend :)

for some dumb reason though when i save the parts on pcpartpicker is saying not compatible lol

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 5.05.47 PM.png