Budget PC for my dad

Hello, my dad wants to try som sim racing. The computer is also meant to be used by my little sister that play overwatch and other similar games. So I figured building one should be cheaper since I have an R9 390 8g graphics card that Im not using.

I would greatly appreciate if you kind people would look over the components and give some advice.

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz 16GB   (120 Euro)

Kingston A2000 500GB NVMe M.2 SSD    (109 Euro)

Fractal Design Core 1100 Micro Tower  (41 Euro)

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Processor   (145 Euro)

Gigabyte B450M DS3H, Socket-AM4  (81 Euro)

Corsair TX550M, 550W PSU  (81 Euro)

Total: 578 Euro

Ssd is not necessary 

8gb ram is enough 

A corsaair Vs 450 or 550 should be fine 

Could cut 30 euro on motherboard as well

You can probably cut down on the ram to 2400 mhz, I have 800 mhz ddr3 and see no difference between it and my bros 3200mhz.

There is a new r5 1600 that is made in the 12nm process that performs almost identically to a r5 2600. I would go with that. Bitwit Kyle has been raving about it recently.

2 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

There is a new r5 1600 that is made in the 12nm process that performs almost identically to a r5 2600. I would go with that. Bitwit Kyle has been raving about it recently.

Don't forget the AF, so the r5 1600 AF

1 minute ago, aphrim said:

Don't forget the AF, so the r5 1600 AF

You’re right, that’s what it’s called, I just have had more luck finding it when I search “12nm 1600”.

25 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

You’re right, that’s what it’s called, I just have had more luck finding it when I search “12nm 1600”.

Its a pretty kick ass cpu...I have it overclocked to 4.1ghz and cinemark benchmarks place it very close to 2600x performance.I have paired with a rx 5700 and it runs anything on 1080 high settings well over 60 fps...vr games run beautifully, even tried some 2k settings and games very playable.

The R5 1600 AF Costs the same as a R5 2600 from the stores in my area. Is it still worth to go with 1600 af?

2 minutes ago, ZeDreamwalker said:

The R5 1600 AF Costs the same as a R5 2600 from the stores in my area. Is it still worth to go with 1600 af?

Then just go with a 2600 if prices are the same. From what Ive seen the 1600af is about $20 cheaper on amazon usually...

Just now, steelo said:

Then just go with a 2600 if prices are the same. From what Ive seen the 1600af is about $20 cheaper usually...

Okey thanks