New PC build (its been a while)

So its been about 8 years since i have been around the pc side of things. I have made what i thought will be good for me to run all current games in 1440p. (With some help from a friend who plays pc games) Now since its been a while i wonder if i could get a bit of advice from people who know more about it that me. I have a monitor to use already and other peripherals. I have a couple of questions for whoever can help. Is there anything better value for money than this build? Is it a bit Over the top. and lastly i get the following warning with the power supply and would love an answer is there a corsair power supply that can sort this or is it just needing an extra cable purchased?

"The MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it."

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/FGXGHB

'

I swapped out a few components for better value

CPU - 3800X is just a higher boost 3700X and while there is some difference it's up to you, I think I went with the 3700X just out of habit.

Mobo - Any MAX series motherboard will by Ryzen 3000 compatible out of the box, allowing you to shave off a bit of money without sacrificing quality. Additionally, for the X570 board + warning, that's if you're doing LN2 style overclocking or other exotic cooling and overclocking. Otherwise the extra 4 pin isn't needed at all and is mostly useless

Memory - Got some 3600 speed RAM for a pound more which could give you a couple extra FPS in certain situations.

Storage - Upped to a 240GB SSD for not much more

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

14 minutes ago, Flarus_dragon1 said:

MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS ATX AM4

whyatever you do, don't get this motherboard

Wait, so this is a machine mainly for gaming? You can get way better performance with that budget. Get a Ryzen 3600 and a beefier GPU instead. 550W PSU is plenty for this kind of system and much cheaper in your case. I also threw a 1TB NVMe SSD in there for good measure. Different case with good airflow.

Edited by ShinRamen
SSD and case comments

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Yes sorry it is going to be used for gaming. I will have a look over these and make a decision thanks

1 hour ago, Flarus_dragon1 said:

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. Yes sorry it is going to be used for gaming. I will have a look over these and make a decision thanks

Please do. You won't see a performance gain with the 3700X in the vast majority of games. Especially at 1440p and above the GPU is doing most of the work - maybe check out some benchmarks. You'll regret getting the 5500XT when a 2070 Super fits in your budget.

You could also get a 5700XT if you want to stick with AMD and save some money in the process. It performs similar to the 2070 Super, just slightly worse. You could even get the 3700X and the 5700XT if you insist on getting the 8-core/16-thread CPU. Will help boosting your performance in multi-threaded tasks like streaming, video editing etc. (basically everything outside of most games)

Or you can even cram a 2080 Super in your build, which will perform beautifully in gaming. This is however a very gaming-oriented build and you'd have to get a smaller SSD (still bigger than what was in your initial build), 3600, mATX motherboard (still decent and will perform without issues) and mATX case.

Also if you want people to be notified you can either quote them or tag the like this @Flarus_dragon1

Wow lots to take on with that post there thanks for the input @ShinRamen.

So my reasoning for going down the AMD route is due to what i have been told by a few of my co-workers. I was going to go down the Intel route as stick with what i know. The last card i was putting in to a pc was a Msi 970. With what you have put in in terms of getting the 5 series rather than the 7 makes a lot of sense too. I don't see myself going down the video editing route so it would be better to drop that down. Thanks again for the input on this. Looks like ive got my day tomorrow to look through and think about quite a bit

2 minutes ago, Flarus_dragon1 said:

Wow lots to take on with that post there thanks for the input @ShinRamen.

So my reasoning for going down the AMD route is due to what i have been told by a few of my co-workers. I was going to go down the Intel route as stick with what i know. The last card i was putting in to a pc was a Msi 970. With what you have put in in terms of getting the 5 series rather than the 7 makes a lot of sense too. I don't see myself going down the video editing route so it would be better to drop that down. Thanks again for the input on this. Looks like ive got my day tomorrow to look through and think about quite a bit

No problem. Just to clarify: definitely go with an AMD CPU over Intel.
I was just refering to the GPU when I said that :)