Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newbie6445

Trying to Build a DIY Monitor- Anyone Have Experience?

Posted · Original PosterOP

So I had an old dell xps 2710 all in one PC that was basically useless. I'm trying to harvest the 2560 x 1440 panel from it and turn it into an external display. So far, I have taken apart the all-in-one and gotten the display panel. 

What I need to do is hook up the panel to something that can give it power and video inputs. 

The panel only has two ports, each with a cable attatched. I don't know what these ports are, and I've inlcuded pictures, so if anyone can identify them, it would be a huge help.

If I can identify those cables, then it's possible I could find an LCD control board that would be compatible. 

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

Thanks!

20200402_121213.jpg

20200402_121151.jpg

20200402_121143.jpg

Picture of Control Board.jpg

Picture of Barcode.jpg

Picture of whole panel.jpg

4 minutes ago, newbie6445 said:

Any help whatsoever is appreciated.

You can just search for the panel's model, ie. LTM270DL02 on e.g. eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-DVI-DP-LCD-Controller-Driver-Board-Kit-edp-monitor-for-LTM270DL02-2560-1440/153759210801

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

I saw that listing and others on ebay. The problem is that dell seems to have a different connector on their model, as there would be no way to plug in the cables on that control board into the panel I have. The connectors seem to have different number of pins.