DRAM-less SSDs

Adoooul

I'm a bit on a tight  budget and wanted to ask you guys for help :

Are DRAM-less SSDs that bad? should i wait and collect more money and eventually get a dram SSD, or is it fine to go for a DRAM-less SSD?

Thanks 

it's really not the worst thing in the world. If DRAM SSDs are significantly more expensive for you, just get a DRAMless SSD.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

LTT has made a techquickie about it. IMO DRAM-less SSDs are not worth it.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

29 minutes ago, Adoooul said:

I'm a bit on a tight  budget and wanted to ask you guys for help :

Are DRAM-less SSDs that bad? should i wait and collect more money and eventually get a dram SSD, or is it fine to go for a DRAM-less SSD?

Thanks 

For an OS drive, I'd spend a little more for something with DRAM. For a Steam drive or a mass storage drive, I don't care.

I've always been told by Micro Center employees, who tend to know what they're talking about, that the Inland Professional SSDs have DRAM, but I'm not sure if that applies anymore. There are new "levels" of Inland 2.5" SSDs, and they're all branded as Inland Professional aside from the higher-end Premium drives. I don't know if all of those various levels have DRAM, and because those drives are MC's in-house brand and made of basically whatever parts they can get on the cheap, who knows if they're actually using DRAM for all of them. Still, if you're looking for an inexpensive SSD that probably has DRAM, the green-labeled Inland Professional drives are a very safe bet.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

The WD SN550 (NVMe) is DRAM-less but not bad, however with SATA-based (AHCI) drives I would avoid it. Check my signature.

Thank you guys for your reponses, I think i'll save up till i buy an SSD with DRAM.

Thanks again!

Are they really that much expensive when you can get SSD's with DRAM in nice capacities for like 50-60€. Would 10 or 20€ difference really make that much of a difference? Also $=€, can't lose the habit of using my local currency.

On 3/6/2020 at 1:00 PM, RejZoR said:

Are they really that much expensive when you can get SSD's with DRAM in nice capacities for like 50-60€. Would 10 or 20€ difference really make that much of a difference? Also $=€, can't lose the habit of using my local currency.

I live in a country where computer parts are more expensive than other countries, also the availability is low, Thank for the help though!