CPU cable

BenAlb

So I got a new power supply - plugged everything in and stuff but when I came to plug the CPU wire into the motherboard the connection didn’t fit? The plug on the motherboard is a 2x2 one and the plug from the psu is a 3x2 one which seems to be too big to fit into the motherboard?? Help??

If you have a mugular(sorry for spelling) power suaply check the box for another conecter

4 minutes ago, BenAlb said:

So I got a new power supply - plugged everything in and stuff but when I came to plug the CPU wire into the motherboard the connection didn’t fit? The plug on the motherboard is a 2x2 one and the plug from the psu is a 3x2 one which seems to be too big to fit into the motherboard?? Help??

Are you trying to fit a PCIe cable into the motherboard?

Your motherboard in the top left of the board will have a CPU/EPS connector. That's a 4 pin connector and often there are two, so 8 pin EPS. A cable plugs into there that is also 4+4 pin and often labeled either EPS or CPU.

If you can't find the cable, please take a picture of the cables you have and post it here

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just double check that you aren't trying to use a PCI-e power cable, pretty easy to mistake the two if you aren't paying attention. Most cpu power cables I've seen are 2x2+2x2 splits

1 hour ago, Arrogath said:

Just double check that you aren't trying to use a PCI-e power cable, pretty easy to mistake the two if you aren't paying attention. Most cpu power cables I've seen are 2x2+2x2 splits

I’m 100% sure I’m not using the PCI-e cable, it’s marked ‘CPU’ on the side of the connector.

1 hour ago, minibois said:

Are you trying to fit a PCIe cable into the motherboard?

Your motherboard in the top left of the board will have a CPU/EPS connector. That's a 4 pin connector and often there are two, so 8 pin EPS. A cable plugs into there that is also 4+4 pin and often labeled either EPS or CPU.

If you can't find the cable, please take a picture of the cables you have and post it here

The cable I’m trying to plug in is the cpu cable, it’s marked on the side of the connector.

1 hour ago, Arrogath said:

Yeah, it’s a 2x2 + 2x2 split- can you take them apart or will that break the cable?

The cable I’m trying to plug in is the cpu cable, it’s marked on the side of the connector.

Then you should have a cable that looks a little something like this:

image.png.7949683e365be581befe3608e810bc5f.png

Which can only plug in one way and the two halves can be put together (or snapped apart).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

17 hours ago, minibois said:

Then you should have a cable that looks a little something like this:

image.png.7949683e365be581befe3608e810bc5f.png

Which can only plug in one way and the two halves can be put together (or snapped apart).

I was just being an idiot sorry.