Secure boot keeps re-enabling on HP prebuilt

MrMeowstache03

So I got this system from my church because they got a new computer and didn't need this one anymore and I wanted to install Linux Manjaro on it just for fun so I made the bootable USB and was going to do so. The only problem is in order to do that you have to disable secure boot from the BIOS, but everytime I disable it and save changes it re-enables for some reason. I tried updating the BIOS to the lastest version thinking that might help but it sadly didn't.

The system in question is a HP 110-210 running Windows 8.1

Do you guys know of a way I can get around this? If so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, MrMeowstache03 said:

So I got this system from my church because they got a new computer and didn't need this one anymore and I wanted to install Linux Manjaro on it just for fun so I made the bootable USB and was going to do so. The only problem is in order to do that you have to disable secure boot from the BIOS, but everytime I disable it and save changes it re-enables for some reason. I tried updating the BIOS to the lastest version thinking that might help but it sadly didn't.

The system in question is a HP 110-210 running Windows 8.1

Do you guys know of a way I can get around this? If so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC Microsoft mandate that Secure Boot must be enabled on any portable device that's sold running Windows.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 hour ago, Master Disaster said:

IIRC Microsoft mandate that Secure Boot must be enabled on any portable device that's sold running Windows.

So is there no way around this?

I have encountered some issues with current HP bios's to disable secure boot.  You need to go into the bios,  and ONLY disable secure boot,  save changes and reboot, BUT go back into the bios right away,  it will prompt you to enter a 4 digit code to confirm disabling secure boot, after entering the code, you will get some happy beeping then it goes into the bios. save settings and  reboot again.

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>