Thermaltake core p5 build questions

So im pretty new to the concept of pc building, and i wanted to buy a really "open" case in both visibility and accesibility for my build.

I eventually landed on two options, the thermaltake core p3 or the p5, and i wanted to ask some questions regarding how well my selected hardware will perform in an open case such as this, mainly regarding
air circulation, if there even is such a "flow" in a case such as this.

My selected Hardware: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor + stock cooler
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory
Storage: Kingston SSDNow UV400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card
Case: Thermaltake Core P5 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

My question(s) then, i suppose would be: Is there any negatives with this case being applied to this build? or could i do better in terms of cooling / performance in a case such as this.

I apologize if i have applied this to the wrong topic, since i am new here i dont know any better. Nevertheless i appreciate any answers and/or guidance that is given :) 

Regarding the case, there is no problem! Having some kind of fan pulling or pushing air through the case could be an advantage though.

As far as components go, looks good except the ram. Ryzen loooves really fast ram, at least 3000MHz (I recommend 3200 or 3600). 8gb of ram will hold your system back aswell. So maybe you can opt for 16gb if your budget lets you.

If you're at your max budget, I suggest going for the 5 3600 (non X) and the gtx1660 super. The X version is basically just a higher core speed, but you can overlock the ryzen 5 3600 to make it basically the same as the X version.

16 minutes ago, lightfire said:

Regarding the case, there is no problem! Having some kind of fan pulling or pushing air through the case could be an advantage though.

As far as components go, looks good except the ram. Ryzen loooves really fast ram, at least 3000MHz (I recommend 3200 or 3600). 8gb of ram will hold your system back aswell. So maybe you can opt for 16gb if your budget lets you.

If you're at your max budget, I suggest going for the 5 3600 (non X) and the gtx1660 super. The X version is basically just a higher core speed, but you can overlock the ryzen 5 3600 to make it basically the same as the X version.

thanks for your reply!

aye, people on threads everywhere for this case has begged for some kind of fan mounting solution to push/pull from the sides but so far it doesn't look like much has come up :(.

As for budgeting, im not quite at my max, though for this case (since it is so open) i am trying to budged enough to where i can fit a decent amount of RGB parts in my system, for example if i do go ahead with this build i will definetly try and fit some sort of push/pull airflow with some rgb fans from corsair or something like that.

also i have heard that Bios is a bit tricky with this CPU, meaning that in order to run bios with that cpu it needs an update, for which you need an older cpu to do.. or something like that, if you've ever heard of it.

17 minutes ago, Lead00 said:

thanks for your reply!

aye, people on threads everywhere for this case has begged for some kind of fan mounting solution to push/pull from the sides but so far it doesn't look like much has come up :(.

As for budgeting, im not quite at my max, though for this case (since it is so open) i am trying to budged enough to where i can fit a decent amount of RGB parts in my system, for example if i do go ahead with this build i will definetly try and fit some sort of push/pull airflow with some rgb fans from corsair or something like that.

also i have heard that Bios is a bit tricky with this CPU, meaning that in order to run bios with that cpu it needs an update, for which you need an older cpu to do.. or something like that, if you've ever heard of it.

Yea, 8gb ram will just hold back the system, but I see you've changed that. However with ryzen cpu's, you really want to have fast memory. I recommend 3200MHz or even 3600MHz. The Corsair vengeance RGB Pro ram is what I would go for.

Also, your motherboard is a "MAX" version, meaning it is ryzen 3rd gen ready. Msi puts the M behind the B450 (or MAX) to indicate that. No bios update will be needed ;)

Looks like you can mount some fans onto that black plate. It won't be ideal but at least it generates some airflow. If you're not afraid of modding the case a little bit, you could also mount 2 or 3 140mm fans at the bottom, ensuring a bottom to top airflow without ruining the open aesthetic. Like shown in this picture: 

Spoiler

Thermaltake_Core_P5_show_case@@tqxtd2_3.jpg.e3230f248653f33334840e3c1a5f74d3.jpg

15 minutes ago, lightfire said:

Yea, 8gb ram will just hold back the system, but I see you've changed that. However with ryzen cpu's, you really want to have fast memory. I recommend 3200MHz or even 3600MHz. The Corsair vengeance RGB Pro ram is what I would go for.

Also, your motherboard is a "MAX" version, meaning it is ryzen 3rd gen ready. Msi puts the M behind the B450 (or MAX) to indicate that. No bios update will be needed ;)

Looks like you can mount some fans onto that black plate. It won't be ideal but at least it generates some airflow. If you're not afraid of modding the case a little bit, you could also mount 2 or 3 140mm fans at the bottom, ensuring a bottom to top airflow without ruining the open aesthetic. Like shown in this picture: 

Reveal hidden contents

Thermaltake_Core_P5_show_case@@tqxtd2_3.jpg.e3230f248653f33334840e3c1a5f74d3.jpg

Awesome!

I will try and do what i can (if i go ahead with the build) about the airflow, im not that afraid to mod a case as long as im careful, so im sure it will be alright.
Also yeah i was checking out that exact RAM, what a cooincidence ;).

Thanks for all your advice! it rly helped :)

1 minute ago, Lead00 said:

Awesome!

I will try and do what i can (if i go ahead with the build) about the airflow, im not that afraid to mod a case as long as im careful, so im sure it will be alright.
Also yeah i was checking out that exact RAM, what a cooincidence ;).

Thanks for all your advice! it rly helped :)

You're most welcome! Good luck with the build! :)