Which PSU?

ahmet94

Hello,

I live in Turkey. And here the psu prices are way more expensive than US or EU. And we don't have all the products in this market.

My budget is 600-650TRY(100 dollars)

I want a psu with a variable fan speed option if possible. I don't care much about modularity. I don't want high ripple or CW. I need a good PSU. my sistem: 9600kf  rx 580 2hdd 1 ssd 2x8gb ddr4 5 fans... want to buy 5700 xt or the unreleased big navi.  

and for this budget i can buy

FSP RAIDER II 750 WATT 80+ SILVER

https://www.hepsiburada.com/fsp-raider-ii-750w-80-plus-silver-atx-psu-ra2-750-p-HBV00000MGA7W

HIGH POWER 750W 80+ gold (sirtec)

https://www.hepsiburada.com/high-power-750w-80-gold-performance-gd-aktif-pfc-guc-kaynagi-hp1-j750gd-f12s-p-HBV00000LXR5F

you can check amazon.com.tr or hepsiburada.com for my options. But the corsair TMX CMX RMX are way pricer. I would really want to buy txm but they are expensive and 550W models aren't present here.

I know 100 bucks is a good amount and maybe too much for raider. but again i live in turkey and that is the price i have to pay. 

of course i would want to pay 90 euros and buy hydro G from fsp but what won't really happen.

high power has good protections lile fsp they are both OEM psu makers. both don't have good reviews tbh. 

what do you say?

I want to buy high power for the 80+ gold but i am not sure if it really shows superior hardware and design quality 

thanks

6 hours ago, ahmet94 said:

Out of those two you would probably be best buying the Raider II. Do be aware that it may be noisy at times, due to its double forward topology.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

^-^

Thank you all. I bought the fsp raider ii. Very heavy lol. 

Fan is noiser than the former bad psu :(

It has an interesting noise. Like sth is touching the fan. I'll try to check what's going on. Should i return it back. Ooff. It claims 15db on the box at idle loads. Well all my fans are at 500rpm. And again I hear the psu :/ not just the low pitch fan noise but it has a different noise too (mid pitched?) 

Really I'm shocked. I pay 100 bucks for this? How hard can it be to use a silent fan :/ or zero rpm at idle. That's all I want... 

Maybe I'll return it and buy the hydro G of that's like 162 usd... Not sure if worth it. 

On 2/18/2020 at 8:13 AM, Cysquatch said:

I am far from a professional, so some of these other brands may be reliable.  If it were me in your shoes I would go with this one

https://www.hepsiburada.com/seasonic-s12ii-620-620w-80-bronze-power-supply-sea-s12ii-620-p-BD300643?magaza=Teknobiyotik

No.  His two options are better than that antique Seasonic.

1 hour ago, ahmet94 said:

Thank you all. I bought the fsp raider ii. Very heavy lol. 

Fan is noiser than the former bad psu :(

It has an interesting noise. Like sth is touching the fan. I'll try to check what's going on. Should i return it back. Ooff. It claims 15db on the box at idle loads. Well all my fans are at 500rpm. And again I hear the psu :/ not just the low pitch fan noise but it has a different noise too (mid pitched?) 

Really I'm shocked. I pay 100 bucks for this? How hard can it be to use a silent fan :/ or zero rpm at idle. That's all I want... 

Maybe I'll return it and buy the hydro G of that's like 162 usd... Not sure if worth it. 

Shouldn't be making that noise.

Also, you don't need 750W.  I bet you can find better options if you're willing to get a good 550W for the same amount of money.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/21/2020 at 4:52 AM, jonnyGURU said:

Shouldn't be making that noise.

Also, you don't need 750W.  I bet you can find better options if you're willing to get a good 550W for the same amount of money.

Thank you mr Guru. I think i will RMA this due to faulty fan and CW during gaming. I will be in europe in thgis summer and i think for the same price i will buy Hydro G. Do you have any reccomendations that has semi 0db fan low ripple and zero coilwhine issues also modularity is a plus. I dont have the lower wattage options in turkey :( and everything is much more expensive here :(