How to see if my phone has been dismanteled???

ManosMax13

I am getting a refurbished note 9 and the seller promised me that the phone has never been dismantled or tampered with internally. How can I find this out for my self when I go too look at the phone upclose before I buy it?

if its refurbished then it was taken apart , otherwise "refurbished" would be a blanket term for anything merely getting software changes

but pro tip , buy a phone from an actual seller and not just some guy

Since this is one of those 'use a ton of adhesive' phones, the only way of checking I could think of is seeing if there are any marks/uneven spots around the perimeter of the phone

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, emosun said:

if its refurbished then it was taken apart , otherwise "refurbished" would be a blanket term for anything merely getting software changes

but pro tip , buy a phone from an actual seller and not just some guy

Its a store here which is importing them from england and its refurbished grade A so the phone might be brand new or have like one small scratch. I dont think there many phones that have been fixed tho just used ones and showpieces from stores.

2 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Its a store here which is importing them from england and its refurbished grade A so the phone might be brand new or have like one small scratch. I dont think there many phones that have been fixed tho just used ones and showpieces from stores.

then why do you care if it was opened

then why do you care if it was opened

Because if I could get one thats almost brand new why would I want the fixed one for the same price that might have the same problem in the future if the repair was not good

10 minutes ago, ManosMax13 said:

Because if I could get one thats almost brand new why would I want the fixed one for the same price that might have the same problem in the future if the repair was not good

or alternative.... why would you want one that hasn't had a proper repair done vs one that was opened and repaired properly.... see how just rearranging words leads to different results?

you could buy a brand new one in the box with zero repairs and have a problem with it.....

it literally doesn't matter , just buy the phone and find out if it works and if it doesn't then return it. this is how buying any product on earth is.

or alternative.... why would you want one that hasn't had a proper repair done vs one that was opened and repaired properly.... see how just rearranging words leads to different results?

you could buy a brand new one in the box with zero repairs and have a problem with it.....

it literally doesn't matter , just buy the phone and find out if it works and if it doesn't then return it. this is how buying any product on earth is.

I would like a demo phone from a store or a slightly used one. I would not want any of the 2 cases that you are describing. And since I am gonna be able to choose I wanna choose such a phone is possible thats why

I probably should have asked , but is this the first time you've ever bought something?

Just now, emosun said:

I probably should have asked , but is this the first time you've ever bought something?

No why would you ask something like that? Its the first time ive bought refurbished.

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

When I go to the store I will be able to look at a bunch of refurbished note 9's and choose which I want to buy. Refurbished means that

1. A phone was slightly used and then returned or something like that.

2. A demo unit at a shop.

3. A repaired phone that I cant be 100% sure that it has been repeared by trustworthy engineers or samsung themselves.

I only want to buy a phone from the categories 1,2 is there a way to find out if the phone belongs in the third category?

Whats so hard to understand about my question?!?!?

8 hours ago, ManosMax13 said:

Whats so hard to understand about my question?!?!?

because you are using "refurbished" to describe an open box or used item

7 hours ago, emosun said:

because you are using "refurbished" to describe an open box or used item

Because they are refurbished grade A so its one of the 3 categories. Not all phones were faulty and repaired.