[Need Suggestion] My First PC Build

Escade

Hello guys, im new to the forum right now im struggling to build my first pc and need some suggestion

This is the list of component for my first PC build, any suggestion ??

i have brought some of the parts :

PSU,Samsung SSD,RAM 1x (dual-channel 2x16GB) planning to buy another again to 64GB, Motherboard

The total budget i got is around $3800 (exclude monitor) or more if i see it's a viable upgrade

i live in indonesia

i will mainly use this pc for 3D modelling, texturing, video editing, rendering but also gaming.

i put my monitor i already have just in case.

actually i got question about the ram memory :

i go for the Gskill Trident Z with 3600Mhz at CL17 with 2x16 and planning to go for 4x16 in the future

the CL17 at 3600Mhz at 4 ram stick running with xmp, will there be any problem ? like could i get the advertised result ? 3600Mhz

thanks for any suggestion..

Edited by Escade

22 minutes ago, Escade said:

Hello,

Unless you're doing rendering or blender this is completely overkill.

3 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Hello,

Unless you're doing rendering or blender this is completely overkill.

thanks for the opinion haha, actually i do a lot of 3D modelling in maya, zbrush,etc  and some light simulation manymore visual stuff and i think i need this spec hahaha..., i'm following this guide actually https://www.cgdirector.com/best-computer-3d-modeling-rendering

just in case i'm not buying the cpu and gpu soon until the the issue of rtx 3000 and another ryzen cpu come out and see the price impact on the market.

4 minutes ago, Escade said:

Can make sense then, I'd look at better priced SSD (any physon E12 (cheaper) or E16 (probably same price) for PCIe 4.0), PSU (650W should be more than enough) and GPU (this one is very overpriced).

4 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Can make sense then, I'd look at better priced SSD (any physon E12 (cheaper) or E16 (probably same price) for PCIe 4.0), PSU (650W should be more than enough) and GPU (this one is very overpriced).

i see, i got the psu with descent price thats why i go for it haha, i hear PCIe 4.0 ssd still too expensive atm, so i go for this x570 board actually only for viable upgrade for next gen gpu that support pcie 4.0 (wasted pcie4.0 ssd lol ), i plan to use the adata sx8200 1TB for the other m.2 ssd slot, but if i got some more money to burn definitely gonna go for the pcie 4 ssd in the future.

9 minutes ago, Escade said:

i see, i got the psu with descent price thats why i go for it haha, i hear PCIe 4.0 ssd still too expensive atm, so i go for this x570 board actually only for viable upgrade for next gen gpu that support pcie 4.0 (wasted pcie4.0 ssd lol ), i plan to use the adata sx8200 1TB for the other m.2 ssd slot, but if i got some more money to burn definitely gonna go for the pcie 4 ssd in the future.

sabrent rocket 4.0 is usually the same price as the samsung evo plus you picked.

1 hour ago, Escade said:

Hello guys, im new to the forum right now im struggling to build my first pc and need some suggestion

This is the list of component for my first PC build, any suggestion ??

Holy hell you're overspending on a lot of stuff that is not even necessary for performance.

1 hour ago, Escade said:

PSU,Samsung SSD,RAM 1x (dual-channel 2x16GB) planning to buy another again to 64GB, Motherboard

How much did you pay for RAM in your country? because 338$ is insanely overpriced, you could get 2x16GB 3600Mhz for 150$ and if you desperately need RGB then there's another kit for 190$, and the PSU is unnecessarily expensive as well, you won't even see any of the RGB stuff on it.

And how much are you paying for that 2080Ti in your country? because 1900$ is also insanely overpriced.

Changed the RAM, GPU and PSU and went from a 500GB SSD to a 1TB SSD.

I suggest you return what you bought and get this instead, or if you can't then you can keep the SSD and PSU and you would still be around the same price point.

Here's another with a 3950X

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

8 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

sabrent rocket 4.0 is usually the same price as the samsung evo plus you picked.

thanks for the suggestion, but i can't find it here, there is no authorized retailer here

3 minutes ago, _Syn_ said:

Holy hell you're overspending on a lot of stuff that is not even necessary for performance.

How much did you pay for RAM in your country? because 338$ is insanely overpriced, you could get 2x16GB 3600Mhz for 150$ and if you desperately need RGB then there's another kit for 190$, and the PSU is unnecessarily expensive as well, you won't even see any of the RGB stuff on it.

How much are you paying for that 2080Ti in your country? 1900$ is insanely overpriced.

Changed the RAM, GPU and PSU and went from a 500GB SSD to a 1TB SSD.

I suggest you return what you bought and get this instead, or if you can then you can keep the SSD and PSU and you would still be around the same price point.

Here's another with a 3950X

Thanks for the suggestion,

that ram actually not that expensive i got it with like around 200$ here, the ram listed isn't selling here (F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC) and is it b-die ?, this is the cheaper alternatives i could find here ( F4-3600C17D-32GTZR) than the Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZN that cost around 120$ more, i should blame the only one official retailer here :V.

the GPU i just about to choose it MSI VENTUS OC, until i find out it's overpriced here, around 200$ more than Zotac amp.

i'll consider your point on this suggestion and adjust it with the pricing in my country thaanks

6 minutes ago, Escade said:

the ram listed isn't selling here (F4-3600C16D-32GTZRC) and is it b-die ?

No, that's most likely either Hynix CJR or Micron Rev E

8 minutes ago, Escade said:

this is the cheaper alternatives i could find here ( F4-3600C17D-32GTZR) than the Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZN that cost around 120$ more,

Don't overspend on your RAM, get the cheapest CL16 kit and you should be fine.

9 minutes ago, Escade said:

the GPU i just about to choose it MSI VENTUS OC, until i find out it's overpriced here, around 200$ more than Zotac amp.

Same thing for the 2080 Ti, get whatever is the cheapest with at least a dual fan, all of them will perform similarly.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

12 hours ago, _Syn_ said:

Don't overspend on your RAM, get the cheapest CL16 kit and you should be fine.

thank's for the suggestion the cheapest cl16 here cost around 120$ more sadly, either i could choose cl17 with 64GB or cl16 with 32GB.

also do u have know or have any experience in running 4 ram sticks of 3600mhz 16GB each total 64GB in xmp, i dont really know what ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus memory topology, daisy chain maybe (?), will they perform as advertised at least ?

39 minutes ago, Escade said:

thank's for the suggestion the cheapest cl16 here cost around 120$ more sadly, either i could choose cl17 with 64GB or cl16 with 32GB.

also do u have know or have any experience in running 4 ram sticks of 3600mhz 16GB each total 64GB in xmp, i dont really know what ASUS TUF gaming x570 plus memory topology, daisy chain maybe (?), will they perform as advertised at least ?

just buy gskill flare x/kingston hyperx predator 2x16 GB 3200mhz,

easy manual oc to 3200mhz cl 14 at x570

3200 cl14 > 3600 cl16